Virtual Desktop Features
Multi-monitor support: Apps4Rent’s virtual desktop supports multiple monitors at the same time which allows users to open a remote desktop connection (RDP) extended through all the monitors on the client PC irrespective of the client monitor configuration. This feature allows you to make use of all the monitors connected to the client computer for the RDP thus providing additional desktop space and an almost smooth experience with the client desktop.
Auto Display Users Local Time
Auto Display Users Local Time: Your hosted desktop will display the time which is on your local device. You can also set the time as per your need.
Manage your IT Infrastructure from a Central Location: With hosted virtual desktop, you can store and manage everything including operating systems, applications, and other data from a central location instead of a local desktop.
Add New Users Quickly to the Network
Add New Users Quickly to the Network: Hosted desktops are made available on demand, which means they are just a click away. Ready-to-use desktops can be set up and taken live within no time with full set of Office applications. You can add or remove users as per your need. This means that you can add the required desktops for the tenure you need, pay for those desktops for that period and then turn them off when not required.
Access your Local Drives via Virtual Desktop
Access your Local Drives via Virtual Desktop: Yes! you can access your local drives from your virtual environment. When you connect a USB device or a pen drive, it will be automatically visible in your hosted desktop environment. There is a setting which is available in the remote tool on your local computer, which is by default enabled for such actions. If for any reason the setting is disabled; we will help you in enabling the setting.
Print Locally from a Virtualized Environment: Apps4Rent’s hosted virtual desktop allows you to print to a local printer from your virtualized environment. When you connect to the hosted desktop, by default a “connection” is made to route all the print commands from your hosted desktop session to the local printer. There is a setting which is enabled by default on your local computer. If for any reason the setting is disabled, we will help you in enabling the setting.
Gain Web Access to Files and Applications
Gain Web Access to Files and Applications: With virtual desktops, you can get access to your files and application via a web browser. You just have to go to the given web url and login using the credentials given to you.
Access your Office Suite and other Standard Free Apps and Files
With Apps4Rent’s hosted virtual desktop, you can access Microsoft Office Suites including Open Office (OpenOffice.org), i.e., Writer (word processor), Calc (spreadsheet), Impress (presentations), Draw (illustrations), Base (database) and Math (math equations); Microsoft Office Standard and Microsoft Office Professional Plus, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access.
Dynamics Access Control
Dynamics Access Control: Windows Server 2012 Dynamic Access Control enables information governance by introducing new technologies for centrally controlling access and auditing access to information.
Tagging: Dynamic Access Control allows for a combination of manual and automated tagging, as well as application-based tagging of sensitive data because automating security helps eliminate the human error factor that can lead to unexpected security breaches.
The data can be classified and tagged as per different rules i.e. based on Department Access or Impact.
Encrypted Data: Dynamics Access Control audit and report on access and encrypt data (using RMS encryption for Office documents) so that it remains protected as it leaves the Windows File Server.
Virtual Desktop Benefits
Improve Business Agility
- Hosted virtual desktop allows you to rapidly deliver IT to new staffs, remote offices, or newly acquired companies. You can easily collaborate with your workmates.
Reduce the Burden of Large IT Capital Expenditures
- Don’t worry about spending on costly servers again! By moving to a cloud virtual desktop, you curtail hardware purchases. Apps4Rent manages and guarantees the speed of your hardware operating your Windows virtual desktop reducing the total cost of ownership of your IT systems.
Adapt a Flexible Work Environment and Maximize Employee Satisfaction and Retention
- Allow users to work from anywhere on any device that too at any time. Hosted virtual desktops are accessible from anywhere with an internet connectivity—be it at the office, at home, an internet cafe or even when abroad. No matter where users log on from, they get access to their own individual desktop.
Let your IT Department Focus on your Business Growth
- Hosted virtual desktops allow you to free up your valued IT resources to concentrate on rising your business needs as against managing your day-to-day IT issues.
Maintain Business Compliance
- Virtual desktops are managed centrally and gives controlled access. This means no matter from where you access your hosted desktop, it can be centrally management by IT departments, with controls and permissions easily applied and monitored as required.
Add New Users Profiles Quickly to the Network
- Hosted desktops are made available on demand, which means they are just a click away. Desktops can be set up and taken live within no time that too ready-to-use and with full set of Office applications. You can add or remove users as per your need. This means that you can add the required desktops for the tenure you need, pay for those desktops for that period and then turn them off when not required.
Gain Secured Access to your Data from Anywhere at Any time
- With hosted virtual desktop the mantra of “Anytime, Anywhere” becomes more than just a cliche or buzzword. Hosted desktops feature enables you to have access to your applications, documents, and data from anywhere. You are never more than a browser away from the office.
Manage your IT Infrastructure from a Central Location
- Hosted Virtual Desktop allows the user to have a computer where the operating system, all applications, and data are stored on a central server instead of a local desktop.
Enjoy Business Continuity
- As your data is no longer snarled to local hardware, even during an event of office burglary, all your data will be totally safe and your desktops will be accessible immediately.
Gain Web Access to Files and Applications
- With Virtual Desktops, you can get access to your files and application via a web browser. You just have to go to the given web url and login using the credentials given to you.
Access Third-Party Applications
- Apart from the default Office applications, you can access, install, view, and use custom third-party applications on your virtual desktop.