If your email is hosted on Microsoft Exchange, you can follow the instructions for how to setup and configure your Apple iPhone 4 to connect and sync your accounts, mailbox & email, contacts and calendar with MS Exchange Server. For those of you in the market for a new Hosted Exchange provider Apps4Rent offers both MS Hosted Exchange ($6.95/month) and Mobile SyncMail ($1.95/Month).
For more info on Apps4Rent’s plans that sync with an iPhone
• Hosted Exchange 2010 – Plans starting at $6.95 per month. See plans.
• Mobile SyncMail – Plans starting at $1.95 per month. See plans.
How to set up and configure iPhone 4 to connect and sync with Hosted Exchange Server?
- To add an Exchange account to your iPhone 4, tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then Add Account, then Microsoft Exchange.
- On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain, username, password, and a description (which may be anything you like). Ask your Exchange server administrator if you are unsure of the domain. If you are unable to view your folder list, or unable to send or receive email, leave the domain field blank.
- Your iPhone 4 will now try to locate your Microsoft Exchange server using Microsoft’s Autodiscovery service. Enter your front-end Exchange server’s complete address in the Server field. Contact your Exchange server administrator if you are unsure of the address.
- Your iPhone 4 will then try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. To override the SSL setting, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, tap Account Info, then toggle the Use SSL slider.
- After successfully making a connection to the Exchange server, you may be prompted to change your device passcode to match whatever policies may have been set on your server.
- Choose which type of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only 3 days’ worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
Note that after setting up and configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the Apple iPhone 4 is overwritten. In addition, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer.
Depend on Apps4Rent for all your business hosting needs.
• Industry leading value based pricing.
• Serving over 10,000 business in 50+ countries.
• One-stop shop for the full range of hosted Microsoft software.
• 24/7 support via chat, email and phone.