Configuring Palm Centro to sync with Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server
While configuring Exchange ActiveSync account on a Centro smartphone, it is possible to sync email, calendar, contacts, etc. using corporate groupware information on a Microsoft Exchange 2003 or 2007 server: Information in these applications is pushed using Microsoft Direct Push directly from the server to your device or wirelessly synchronizes directly with the server from your device without using a desktop computer.
Configuring Palm Centro to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server
- If this is the first email account you’ve set up in VersaMail, you’ll see an Account Setup option. Select Continue .
- If you’ve already set up one account in VersaMail, you’ll see the Inbox. Press Menu. From the Accounts menu, select Account Setup. Then select New.
- Enter the account username and password:
ØEnter the username you use to access your email.
ØSelect the Password box, enter your email account password, and then select OK.
- Select Outlook (EAS) from the Mail Type drop-down menu.
- Enter your Exchange Mail Server name.
ØThen select one of the following:
ØDone: Finish and go to the Inbox of the account you set up, where you can begin receiving and sending email.
ØAdvanced: Set more mail options.
ØTest Settings: Ping the Exchange Server to determine if your settings are correct, without downloading email yet. You’ll see a message that states whether the test was successful.
- Optional: If you selected Advanced… Select any of the following:
ØPort Number: By default, the port number setting is 443. You may need to change the port number if you choose not to retrieve incoming mail over a secure connection.
ØUse Secure Connection (SSL): By default, this box is checked, meaning you can retrieve incoming mail over a secure (Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL) connection. Uncheck the box if you do not want to receive email over an SSL connection.
- Optional: If you selected Advanced … If you use a proxy server, enter the proxy server name and port number, and check the box if your server requires authentication. Check with your system administrator for this information.
- When you have finished, select Done.
You have synced your Palm Centro with Microsoft Exchange Server!