Procedure to import a Web package using SharePoint Designer 2007
To deploy a Web package, you first open the destination Web site, and then perform the below steps to import the Web package into the site.
1. On the File menu, click Open Site.
2. In the Open Site dialog box, browse to and click the Web site where you want to import the Web package, and then click Open.
3. On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Personal Web Package.
4. Browse to and click the Web package that you want to import, and then click Open.
5. In the Destination box, do one of the following:
To deploy the Web package into a Web site, delete just the file name of the Web package.
To deploy the Web package into a subfolder of that site, either use the default destination, or click Browse and choose another folder in your Web site.
6. In the Items from Web package to import box, clear the check boxes for files that you do not want to import. Make sure that the check boxes for files that you do want to import are selected.
7. To view the property information that was entered by whoever created the Web package, click Properties. When you are finished viewing this information, click OK.
In the External dependencies list, you can also view the files that the Web package uses but does not include.
8. Click Import.
9. In the Security Warning dialog box, do one of the following:
Click Run to continue importing the Web package.
Click Don’t Run to cancel the import.
Important: Because Web packages contain code that could be used maliciously, make sure that any Web package that you import comes from a trustworthy source.
10. If files with identical file names exist in both the Web package and the destination Web site, you are prompted whether you want to “Reuse the existing compatible list and its data” or “Redeploy a new instance of the list and rename ‘List/Links’ to ‘Lists/Backup (1) of Links’.” If you deploy the new file, the existing file is renamed — for example, Announcements becomes Announcements (1).
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.