How to change properties on a document or item in a list?
Want to know how to change the properties on a document or item in a list?
If you want to change the properties on a document or item in a list from a document library webpart or document library list page, then follow the following steps:
If the menu is enabled on the webpart then
- Hover over the document you wish to edit the properties or metadata for
- Click on the down arrow to pull the menu
- Click on Edit
- Change the properties on this page
Note: If the menu is disabled then go to the List Page for that document library (by clicking on the title of the webaprt) and follow the steps above.
If you want to change the properties on a document or item in a list from an Open Microsoft Office 2007 document, then follow the following steps:
- Click on the document in the document library that you wish to open
- From the Main Word Menu click on Prepare –> Properties
- You will see a ribbon appear at the top of the document that shows the metadata on the server for that document.
- Make the changes needed to the metadata
If you want to change the properties on a document or item in a list from a from Datasheet View, then follow the following steps:
- Go to the document List Page
- Click on Actions to get the actions menu then select Edit in Datasheet
- Make the changes to the columns and metadata you need.
Note that every change you make is automatically saved once you leave to another row.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.