How to add a column to a SharePoint list?
Columns help your group to categorize and track information, such as your department name or project number. You have several options for the type of column that you create, including a single line of text, a drop-down list in which you specify the options, a number that is calculated from other columns, or even the name and picture of a person on your site.
Note: The following procedure begins from the list page for the list that you want to add the column to. If the list is not already open, click its name on the Quick Launch. If the name of your list does not appear, click View All Site Content, and then click the name of your list.
1. On the Settings menu , click Create Column.
2. In the Name and Type section, type the name that you want in the Column name box.
3. Under The type of information in this column is, select the type of information that you want to appear in the column.
4. In the Additional Column Settings section, type a description in the Description box to help people understand the purpose of the column and what data it should contain. This description is optional.
5. Depending on the type of column that you selected, more options may appear in the Additional Column Settings section. Select the additional settings that you want.
6. To add the column to the default view, which people on your site automatically see when they first open a list or library, click Add to default view.
7. Click OK.
Note: After you create a column, you can go back and change its settings. For example, you might want to specify that a column contains currency instead of just a number. To view or change the list settings, open the list, and then click List Settings on the Settings menu.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.