How to save Exchange mailbox password in Outlook 2003.
You can avoid the password prompt from popping up every time you open Outlook 2003, by following these steps. As such this step has been recommended by Microsoft and the steps will work with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. Please note that these are suggested steps and most often they work.
1. Locate your Exchange Server name in your Outlook Profile.
2. Click on Start; select Run.
3. Type control keymgr.dll. Click OK
4. Click Add.
5. Enter your exmbx01.apps4rent.net.
6. Enter your username. Example: email@example.com
7. Enter your Exchange mailbox password
8. Click OK
9. Click Close
10. Launch Outlook.
11. When you are prompted for your password, click Remember Password.
12. Close Outlook after completing the login procedure.
13. Repeat Steps 10, 11 and 12.
14. Launch Outlook – you should not be prompted for your Exchange mailbox password.
If your account is already configured to use NTLM authentication and you are still prompted for your login details, when you are logged on as the Windows account that has access to your Exchange mailbox, you must set the LmCompatibilityLevel on your client computer’s registry to a value of 2 or 3. To do this, follow these steps.
- Open the Registry Editor by clicking Start > Run. Type regedit in the box, and then press Enter.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\
- In the right pane, double-click lmcompatibilitylevel.
- In the Value data box, type a value of 2 and then click OK.
- Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Download a free tool “OutlookAutologin”. This tool launches Outlook and automatically enters the password needed to connect to the Exchange server. The first time you launch OutlookAutologin.exe, it asks you to enter the password. This password is then saved and will be automatically used each time you launch Outlook via OutlookAutologin.exe.
Please note, the author of this tool does not offer any sort of support, nor do Apps4Rent, use it at your own risk.
Download link : OutlookAutologin
Related Links :