The Nokia E62 device is an E-mail optimized Smartphone with uncompromised voice functionality, QWERTY input and a USB 2.0 full-speed Mini-USB connector. Multiple e-mail solutions with rich attachment content support combined with extensive range of connectivity methods and familiar Nokia voice UI, gives mobile professionals a competitive edge.
Nokia E62 can be configured to sync with Mail for Exchange which is a software application that allows you to access your email, calendar, contacts (address book) and tasks of your Microsoft Exchange account on your mobile device. These entries on your mobile device are updated with the entries on Exchange account through the process of synchronization. The Mail for Exchange client synchronizes updates from your email, calendar, contacts and tasks content on your mobile device with the content of your Microsoft Exchange account.
Now you must be thinking how to configure your Nokia E62 with Microsoft Exchange Server, right? The answer is simple …
The Mail for Microsoft Exchange Server comes pre-installed (built into the firmware), so no files need to be downloaded and installed (.sisx files). Perform the following steps to create a Mail for Exchange mailbox:
- Press Menu.
- Select Email.
- Select New.
- Select Start.
- Enter your Email address for your corporate email account.
- Enter Password.
- Select Mail for Exchange.
- Enter User name.
- Enter Domain.
- Enter Mail for Exchange server name (web address for Exchange server).
- Select Ok.
The PIM data (Contacts, Calendar and To-do’s) synchronization is disabled by default perform the following to enable:
- Select Menu.
- Select Email.
- Select Settings.
- Select Personal Information Manager.
- Select Applications (the following steps will give a general configuration for any of the 3 items).
- Select each of the items (Calendar, Contacts, To-do) that you desire and change as needed.
- Select item sync – change to Yes if desired.
- Select Initial sync – delete from phone will erase all items from the device and replace with those on the Microsoft Exchange server.