Windows 365 Cloud PC is the latest personalized desktop solution offered by Microsoft. Available at a fixed monthly subscription, it allows users to access their files, applications, and other programs, along with their settings and states on any device, even after they end their session on a different physical device. Windows 365 Cloud PC is fast emerging as the preferred virtualization solution for businesses and enterprises for its flexibility, ease of use, and familiarity. One of the most important features that contribute to its usability and manageability is its compatibility with existing solutions, such as Intune, that are used for managing on-premises devices. In this article, we will focus on the use of Dynamic Device Groups for managing Windows 365 Cloud PCs.
Why Use Dynamic Device Groups for Cloud PC?
Dynamic Device Groups can be used to manage Cloud PCs by determining membership based on the properties of the Windows 365 Cloud PC images. Here are some of the advantages of using Dynamic Device Groups for managing Windows 365 Cloud PCs.
- Organizations can apply policies to Cloud PCs based on specific criteria, such as a specific configuration, provisioning policy, or across the environment.
- Administration overhead for managing Windows 365 Cloud PCs is minimized by automating the provisioning process and removing users.
- Cloud PCs can be managed remotely for performing actions such as updating or running scans with a few clicks, similar to other Intune-managed physical devices.
How to Use Dynamic Device Groups for Managing Cloud PCs?
By using dynamic device groups containing Windows 365 Cloud PCs, organizations can apply the same set of policies to all Cloud PC instances with the same configuration. Follow the steps below to create dynamic groups using the Device Model device property.
- Login to Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center and navigate to Groups>New Group.
- Select Security for Group type in the New Group page.
- Provide the Group name and Group description to provide the details about the dynamic device group that will be created.
- Select Dynamic Device for the Membership Type and select the Add dynamic query option.
- Enter Property = “deviceModel”, Operator = “Contains”, and Value = “Cloud PC” on the Dynamic membership rules page.
- Click on Add expression, and enter Property = “deviceModel,” Operator = “Contains”, and Value = “<Cloud PC specs>”.
- Validate the functioning by selecting instances of Cloud PCs with the selected specs, different specs, and some non-Cloud PC instances from Validate Rules (Preview) > Add devices.
- Click on Save > Create after the validation is complete.
Apps4rent Can Help with Cloud Acceleration
Migrating from on-premises infrastructure to Windows 365 Cloud PC, Azure Virtual Desktop, and other Azure services can help enterprises scale faster, reduce capital and operational expenses, and improve reliability and efficiency. The use of automation tools such as dynamic device groups simplifies the deployment and management of Windows 365 Cloud PC. As a Microsoft Gold Partner for Cloud Platform, Apps4Rent provides managed Azure services to help businesses and enterprises procure appropriate licenses, migrate their on-premises workloads to Windows 365 Cloud PC, Azure Virtual Desktop, and other Azure solutions, and customize the solutions to cater to their requirements. Call, chat, or drop an email to our Azure cloud experts, available round-the-clock for assistance.