Almost everyone in the accounting industry is familiar with working papers. Despite being a crucial component of any accounting practice, they have a well-deserved reputation for requiring physical labor and being tedious and time-consuming. Caseware Working Papers is an audit and accounting software that helps businesses manage all assurance and financial reporting arrangements. It automates reports and lead sheet schedules with simplified account assignments and enables team members to collaborate on the same working paper file in real time. It allows users to create, assign, and track issues, review notes, monitor to-do lists, and easily manage the review and approval of completed activities. In this article, we will explain how to integrate Caseware Working Papers with QuickBooks.
Benefits of Integrating Caseware Working Papers with QuickBooks
These are the benefits of integrating Caseware Working Papers with QuickBooks.
- Enables users to import trial balance or general ledger details from Excel, CSV, and ASCII.
- Aggregates trial balances from several general ledger systems to simplify group reporting on a central platform.
- Builds financial statements, reports, and work programs based on specific project needs or business requirements.
- Automates several processes such as formatting, rounding, and diagnostics.
- Allows users to reconcile the trial balance back to the ledger systems by fully adjusting journal entry traceability and reporting.
How to Integrate Caseware Working Papers with QuickBooks?
Follow the given steps to integrate Caseware Working Papers with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Log into your QuickBooks desktop account,
- Open the company file that you want to import.
- Open the QuickBooks Export Utility.
- In the QuickBooks Version drop-down, select your QuickBooks Desktop version.
- In the Export Path field, select “Browse.”
- Navigate to where you want to create the export file, then select “OK.”
- Select “Specify last transaction date” and enter the applicable date.
- In the Accounting method drop-down, select the applicable accrual method.
- Select “Export.”
- Next, download the Caseware Cloud Import Utility.
- Open the Utility, select “Other Data Source” and select “Next.”
- In the “ImportFrom” drop-down, select “QuickBooks.”
- In the “Version” drop-down, select your QuickBooks Desktop version.
- At Import Path, browse and select the “.cwq” file.
- Specify the desired settings for the import.
- Select Next, then Finish.
- Save the generated zip file.
- In your engagement file, navigate to the “Data” page and select “Desktop Accounting Software.”
- Finally, select the saved zip file.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Hosted QuickBooks Desktop Services
Integrating Caseware Working Papers with QuickBooks Desktop simplifies the accounting processes and minimizes the stress involved in creating financial statements.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise in our top-tier SAE-16 certified data centers in New York and New Jersey, along with add-on applications at no extra cost. Contact our QuickBooks virtualization specialists available 24/7/365 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.