Adobe released a new feature called Enhance Super Resolution in Camera Raw 13.2 in March 2021. The pixels project is a revolutionary new technology that uses artificial intelligence to upsize photos improve their quality by boosting their apparent resolution. Usually, digitally enlarging photos result in blurry details. However, with Super Resolution, it is possible to enlarge photos while maintaining clean edges and preserving important details. The Super Resolution feature is useful in transforming photos taken with low-resolution cameras suitable for large prints and while working with tightly cropped photos that require digital zooming without loss of resolution.
How Does Adobe Super Resolution Work?
Adobe has developed machine learning models that use the latest platform technologies, such as CoreML and Windows ML, to train computers to upsize low-resolution images using millions of pairs of low-resolution and high-resolution image patches. With enough samples to cover a wide range of subject matters, the model used in Adobe Super Resolution can up sample real photos while preserving their details. The use of Bayer and X-Trans raw files that are used by most camera models along with the wide variety of images to train the model make Adobe Super Resolution one of the most advanced features for enhancing image quality.
How to Use Adobe Super Resolution?
Adobe Super Resolution is available in Adobe Camera Raw that is accessible with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge. It will soon be made available in Lightroom and Lightroom Classic as well. Here are the steps to access the feature.
- Right-click on the photo or press the control key while using the left-click to open the Context menu in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Bridge.
- Select Enhance, which will open the Enhance Preview dialog box. This dialog box will display how long it will take to create the new Enhanced image and allows users to toggle between the original image and the enhanced version.
- Ensure that the Super Resolution checkbox option is enabled and click on Enhance to confirm.
- The new file will appear next to the original file once Adobe Camera Raw finishes the enhancement.
What Are The Best Practices for Using Adobe Super Resolution?
Adobe Super Resolution uses machine learning for making millions of calculations and requires powerful computing resources. Here are the best practices for using the feature.
- Use raw files instead of compressed JPEGs or HEIC files, as the artifacts could become more visible once the feature is applied.
- It is better to use GPU models, such as NVIDIA’s RTX series, that are optimized for CoreML and Windows ML machine learning technologies.
- The image files can be large after the enhancement. So, it is better to use systems with fast drives such as Solid-State Drive (SSD) that can read files faster.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Adobe Hosting
Applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge that support Super Resolution, Enhanced Details, and other features require powerful machines with dedicated GPU for optimal performance. As Adobe continues to add features to its applications, it also requires more powerful systems to support them.
Apps4Rent is a pioneer in offering Adobe Creative Cloud hosting services on cutting-edge GPU-enabled virtual desktops with SSD storage. We can offer hosting services from our top tier SSAE 16 level datacenters in New York and New Jersey, or on public cloud services, such as Azure. Call, email, or chat with our virtualization consultants who are available 24/7/365 for assistance.