SmartVault for QuickBooks
SmartVault is an all-in-one solution for storing documents online and sharing files securely. Customized for accounting and business professionals, SmartVault is designed to standardize and digitize workflows to fulfill the stringent security and compliance requirements of managing financial data. Over a million users, many of whom also use QuickBooks, use it to store their most sensitive data. Such users can take advantage of the ease and convenience of sharing files in the cloud without compromising security by using SmartVault with QuickBooks Desktop. In this article, let us explore how to integrate SmartVault with QuickBooks Desktop.
How Does SmartVault Work with QuickBooks Desktop?
SmartVault is available in Intuit QuickBooks Desktop as a toolbar. The following tasks can be performed once SmartVault is integrated with QuickBooks.
- Scan or browse and attach documents to entries that are supported in QuickBooks.
- Access the attached documents remotely, even with mobile devices using the SmartVault App.
- Find files in QuickBooks with greater ease and improve audit readiness.
- Mitigate disasters by backing up and sharing QuickBooks Desktop company files.
How to Integrate SmartVault with QuickBooks Desktop?
Follow the steps below to integrate SmartVault with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you have signed up for the service, activate the SmartVault Account and install the SmartVault Desktop software to gain access to the SmartVault Toolbar for QuickBooks, the SmartVault Drive, and the SmartVault Inbox.
- Use the SmartVault credentials to log in to the SmartVault desktop software.
- Create as many vaults and folders in SmartVault as required for securing QuickBooks company files.
After integrating QuickBooks with SmartVault, access to company files can be given with the QuickBooks Application Certificate, and the appropriate vault has to be selected for each QuickBooks company file. Then documents can be attached to QuickBooks entries and stored in a SmartVault folder. Users can then access QuickBooks entries and documents stored in the SmartVault Portal from the SmartVault Toolbar.
Why SmartVault and QuickBooks Desktop in Hosted Environment?
Hosting QuickBooks Desktop and SmartVault Desktop in a virtual environment provides 24/7 access to the solutions that ultimately improve efficiency and reduce costs. Here are some of the important advantages of this approach.
- Users can take advantage of free or low-cost local PC to remote PC scanning to a transaction in QuickBooks. This direct scanning capability will reduce the time for data entry.
- The SmartVault drive can be configured on the local and virtual machine. This improves access to QuickBooks files without compromising their security.
- It provides additional offsite backup, reduces the chances of file corruption, and minimizes wastage of time and resources for transferring files.
Apps4Rent Provides Application Cloud Hosting Services
Integrating SmartVault with QuickBooks Desktop and hosting the solution in the cloud is one of the best available methods for protecting sensitive financial records that are increasingly being compromised by malicious elements.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent hosts QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and other desktop applications in our top-tier SSAE 16-level datacenters in New York and New Jersey. Our virtual machines for QuickBooks are specifically configured to cater to the unique requirements of accounting and related business purposes. Contact our QuickBooks hosting consultants, available round-the-clock via phone, chat, and email for assistance.