How to Install BlackBerry Desktop Software
Activation of the BlackBerry can also be performed by cradling the device to the computer and using the Desktop Redirector software provided by the carrier.
First you need to check the version of your BlackBerry Handheld by clicking on Option and then About. If you have version 4.0 or greater, you should use the Enterprise Activation method.
Following is the minimum system requirement for the software.
- BlackBerry device
- PC connectivity via USB or cradle and the Desktop Redirector software Version 184.108.40.206.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service wireless data plan from your wireless carrier.
- BlackBerry-enabled account active with Apps4Rent. for activation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you receive the confirmation e-mail, please follow the steps given below.
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or XP.
- Application: Outlook 2000, XP, or 2003 configured your Exchange 2007 account.
- BlackBerry Desktop Software available from the carrier or downloaded from the BlackBerry Website.
Installing BlackBerry Desktop Software:
1. Open Outlook on your PC.
2. Connect to your Exchange 2007 server via Outlook.
Download the BlackBerry Desktop Software version 4.2. at https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22
Save the application on your hard drive or desktop.
If you have the CDROM, place the disk into the CDROM drive and skip to step 3.
3. Open the Blackberry Desktop Software.
4. Click OK to begin the extraction of the install files.
5. Click Next.
6. Enter your name and organization, and then click Next.
7. Click Next.
8. Select Typical, and then click Next.
9. Check BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector, and click Next.
10. Select Microsoft Exchange, and click Next.
11. Select Redirect messages using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and click Next.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Install.
14. Click Finish when the install is complete.
Related Links –