How to access Windows desktop using Remote Desktop App (MAC)
1. Download the Remote Desktop Client from the Mac App Store.
2. In the new App, click on New and configure the valid client PC IP (or PC name) and credentials which have RDP access on particular Windows computer.
3. To redirect local folder to Remote server
a. Click the + button.
b. In the Add Local Folder window, enter the following information:
• Name: Set a name for the folder to be available during the remote session.
• Path: Select the path to the folder to be available during the remote session.
4. To Enable Audio redirection –
Sound: Select the device to play audio during the remote session. You can configure sound to be played on the local device, the remote PC, or not at all.
• Connect to admin session: Connect to an administration session on a server running Windows Server 2003 and newer.
• Forward printing devices: Locally installed printers are available during the remote session.
• Swap mouse buttons: Whenever a mouse gesture would send a command with the left mouse button, it sends the same command with the right mouse button instead. This is necessary if the remote PC is configured for left-handed mouse mode
5. To Add/Delete Resolution –
The resolution setting allows you to select the display resolution for the remote desktop session.
Add a Resolution
1. On the Connection Center screen, click Preferences
2. In the Preferences window, click Resolution
3. Click +.
4. In the Add Resolution window, enter a resolution width and height and then click OK.
Delete a Resolution
1. On the Connection Center screen, click Preferences.
2. In the Preferences window, click Resolution.
3. Select the resolution to delete, click -, and then click close.
Download PDF file with steps and images: How to access Windows desktop using Remote Desktop App for Mac