Microsoft announced Windows 365 in July 2021. It is a service that allows users to securely stream their personalized Windows experience desktops, apps, settings, and content across devices. As the demand for access to enterprise applications increases with several users still working remotely, Microsoft has been working on several platforms, including the new Azure Virtual Desktop announced in June 2021. It was earlier called Windows Virtual Desktop and now includes several additional features. However, many of these virtualization solutions are difficult to set up and manage. Moreover, the costs are unpredictable with such services. Let us explore the features of Windows 365 and how the service can help in solving several challenges.
How Does Windows 365 Cloud PC Work?
Windows 365 offers users a novel solution for accessing virtual cloud-based PCs running Microsoft’s Windows operating system. The fully managed service leverages Azure cloud infrastructure to modernize the way Windows experiences are delivered across devices. Consequently, it allows organizations to stream personalized Windows experiences to their employees straight from the cloud. It provides versatile options to empower hybrid work and simplifies IT by helping businesses stay secure and up to date.
What Are the Advantages of Windows 365 Cloud PC?
Here are some of the most important advantages of Windows 365.
- It is significantly faster and offers a much better user experience than existing virtualization solutions.
- It provides a secure solution to access a persistent and always-ready Windows environment that retains everything, including open files and personalized settings for long durations.
- It eliminates the need for virtual private network (VPN) connections to connect to work networks.
- It retains the state of the applications that had been opened on another device so that users can start quickly from where they had left off.
- It simplifies management for enterprise admins, as the experiences can be standardized with familiar tools.
- It simplifies the onboarding process for new users with guided tours and reduces dependence on admins.
- Admins will not have to learn about new tools and paradigms to manage the infrastructure as Windows 365 Cloud PC is designed to be consistent with the way physical devices are managed with Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Admins can create network connections in Azure that are closest to where users are physically located.
- The built-in analytics tools can help in monitoring the health across v-nets and domain connections.
- Admins can improve end-user performance by taking advantage of rich out-of-the-box reporting and analytics capabilities. Additionally, it is possible to resize the Cloud PC on-demand based on resource utilization.
- Windows 365 offers significantly better security is it is built on the zero-trust security model.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Window 365 Cloud PC
Windows 365 will revolutionize hybrid work in many ways. What sets it apart from the existing solutions is that not only will it be the first-of-its-kind service to stream apps, data, content, settings, and storage from the cloud, but also be offered at a fixed price per user per month basis, unlike pay-as-you-go model for many of the other virtualization solutions.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for competencies such as Cloud Platform and Cloud Collaboration, and a Tier 1 CSP (Cloud Service Provider), Apps4Rent can help businesses upgrade to Windows 365 after its launch on August 2, 2021. Contact our Microsoft certified cloud consultants, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.