SugarCRM is one of the fastest-growing modern customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. It offers cutting-edge automation tools, marketing campaigns, customer support, collaboration, mobile CRM, social CRM, and reporting functionalities. Many businesses use the Community Edition of SugarCRM, for which the development and maintenance have ended. However, the licensed version remains popular with small and medium businesses. Many of these users also use QuickBooks for accounting. Integrating the two can help in streamlining operations and minimizing duplication of efforts. In this article, we will focus on integrating SugarCRM with QuickBooks.
What Are the Advantages of Using SugarCRM with QuickBooks?
Integrating SugarCRM with QuickBooks helps businesses gain customer insights, reduces operational costs, and improves sales forecasting. Here are the advantages of integrating SugarCRM with QuickBooks.
- Customer details do not have to be entered separately in SugarCRM and QuickBooks, eliminating double entry.
- Invoices, sales receipts, and other information can be synchronized between the applications, which can be accessed quickly for sales inquiries and marketing campaigns.
- Businesses can track their profitability with greater accuracy, as customer data can be captured in real-time in a unified dashboard. This improves the productivity of employees as managers do not have to rely on manual calculations, and employees can focus on their core business activities.
- Product lists in SugarCRM can be accessed without having to manually enter items.
- It extends the capabilities of the SugarCRM by integrating with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Businesses can save costs on purchasing additional QuickBooks licenses.
How to Integrate SugarCRM and QuickBooks?
SugarCRM can be integrated with QuickBooks using connectors. While the exact steps may vary depending upon the integrations, the process below remains the same.
- Set up the QuickBooks integration by installing the modules required for connecting QuickBooks with SugarCRM. Most integrations will require an agent to be installed on the system on which QuickBooks Desktop is used.
- Select the fields that have to be synchronized between SugarCRM and QuickBooks.
- Depending on the type of integration, data such as inventory items should be pulled into SugarCRM from QuickBooks. Users should be able to dynamically search items either in the integration or in either of the two platforms.
- Automate workflows sharing data in QuickBooks and SugarCRM wherever possible if the integration supports it.
- Apply admin control restrictions if the integration supports the capability when there are several users.
- Synchronize SugarCRM with QuickBooks, and test if the data is reflected correctly.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Hosting Services
SugarCRM uses SQL for storing data and is often hosted on-site with the database. Such users also typically have QuickBooks Desktop installed on the same machine. This compromises the safety and accessibility of data. Hosting these applications in the cloud can help businesses overcome this shortcoming. Moreover, the maintenance of the setup can become challenging.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent offers QuickBooks hosting services from our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters in New York and New Jersey for fast, secure, and reliable remote access to financial applications. Contact our QuickBooks specialists available round-the-clock via phone, chat, and email for assistance.