How to Stream to THETA.tv with OBS?
THETA.tv, formerly SLIVER.tv is an upcoming Esports entertainment platform built on blockchain technology. It features 24/7 live streaming content from several top online games that include Fortnite, League of Legends, CSGO, and the like. Users can interact with streams by streamers, earn Theta tokens, open themed crates, and even win gaming gears. Built with a mission to transform the interactive Esports entertainment industry, THETA.tv is backed by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs and even Hollywood media investors. In this article, we will demonstrate how streamers can stream to THETA.tv with OBS.
How to Set Up OBS for Streaming on THETA.tv?
While THETA.tv supports several encoders and broadcasting applications, the application developers recommend using OBS at least for beginner streamers. Here are the steps to set up OBS for streaming content to THETA.tv.
- Download OBS from the official OBS Project website and navigate to the Settings menu after installation.
- At this stage, the stream information has to be set up to connect with the THETA.tv servers.
- Change the service to ‘Custom’ in the Stream tab, provide the Stream URL and Stream Key. The Stream URL and Stream Key can be found in the Streamer Dashboard in the Channel Setting after logging in to THETA.tv.
- The stream settings have to be further configured to ensure that the streaming to THETA.tv is smooth.
- Ensure that the Outmode is Simple, Video Bitrate is 2500 kbps, and Audio Bitrate is 192, and Custom Encoder Settings is set as keyint=60.
- In the Video tab, Base (Canvas Resolution) should be set to 1920×1080 (as per monitor resolution), Output (Scaled) Resolution is 1280×720, and Common FPS Values is 30.
- Click on ‘Start Streaming’ in OBS to go live, and switch to the THETA.tv dashboard to monitor the stream. It is also possible to access options such as Clips, Raid, Send Notifications, Start Polls, or Create Giveaways from the THETA.tv interface.
Why Use Virtual Desktop for Hosting OBS and THETA.tv Streaming?
THETA.tv is a unique platform in the sense that both streamers and viewers can monetize their time and resources spent on the platform. Virtual Desktop can be useful in both cases. A GPU-enabled Virtual Desktop can not only improve user experience but also provide an isolated environment for viewers. Streamers, on the other hand, can play and stream their gameplay with virtual desktops whose resources, such as vGPU, RAM, and storage space can be scaled on-demand to streaming to THETA.tv.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Cloud Streaming Solutions
Cloud streaming solutions can enhance user-experience and provide sufficient resources for low-latency performance at affordable costs. They can be scaled easily, and much less minimal infrastructure overheads compared to a traditional setup for similar results. Using an open-source application, such as OBS for streaming to a blockchain-based platform, such as THETA.tv from a cloud-hosted solution is the optimal setup for upcoming streamers to grow their fanbase.
Apps4Rent is a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP and a Citrix Partner. Feel free to reach out to our cloud specialists, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email, who can design and implement the right solution for streaming with a wide range of virtualization technologies, such as Azure Windows Virtual Desktop, Azure Media Services, Citrix Virtual Desktop, and Hyper-V.
Want to live stream with OBS?