Panopto provides businesses and universities an easy and reliable solution for recording, streaming, and managing videos. The video hosting platform is suitable for business users, employees, instructors, and students, regardless of their experience of using a video service to attain their respective goals. Panopto enables you to professionally capture presentations, training sessions, lectures, demos, and events that your audience can instantly search for and play on-demand. It also allows you to connect OBS Studio for broadcasting engaging and appealing content.
Why Use Panopto for Video Broadcasting?
- Panopto combines powerful video management tools to intelligently manage and stream your content, create playlists, optimize playback, and track viewer engagement.
- The platform allows you to capture footage from any camera or screen.
- The live streaming capability enables you to broadcast professional-grade videos for tens of thousands of viewers at a time.
- Panopto offers great features for video search and discovery, allowing you to search with a specific word that has been spoken or shown inside a video or across your entire video library.
- It is a versatile platform and integrates seamlessly with your learning management systems (LMS), content management systems (CMS), SSO, unified communication (UC) solutions, and more.
- Panopto can meet several business use-cases such as remote work, employee training programs, corporate communication, sales and promotions, and customer engagement.
Why Integrate Panopto with OBS Studio?
OBS Studio is a free and open-source piece of software built for recording videos or for directly streaming to services such as YouTube, Twitch, or Facebook in real-time. The software enables you to composite multiple sources, configure them as a scene, and convert various scenes into a single video. The OBS video sources can come from multiple audio and video capture devices like a camera and microphone. OBS Studio provides digital video creators a lot of capabilities, including Studio Mode for a broad overview of the production, Grid View for viewing scenes arranged in a grid style, hotkeys for switching between the scenes with a hit of a key on your keyboard, and many such innovative features.
As OBS Studio is available for free, its userbase has expanded across the world, resulting in a strong community. This enables OBS Studio users to find help within a few clicks and get decorative elements like images, filters, frames, and more from the community. OBS Studio settings let you set bitrate, video resolution, and frames per second for low-latency, HD live streaming. The Panopto-OBS Studio integration can enable you to enjoy the best of both programs.
How to Configure Panopto and OBS Studio to Integrate Them?
To connect Panopto with OBS Studio, you need to perform the following steps.
- Go to your Panopto site and click on the Create button.
- Select Webcast from the list of options.
- On the Create Webcast screen, give your stream a name and select the folder it should record to.
- Write a short description of your webcast in the description box and click on the Create button at the bottom of the screen. It will take you to the webcast’s settings page.
- Click on Manage. Select the radio button RTMP Source placed under Webcast Type.
- A Server URL and a Stream key will be displayed. Copy this information as you will need it to configure OBS Studio.
- Strat OBS Studio, Open Settings, and then select Stream.
- Change Stream Type as Custom Streaming Server.
- Paste the Server URL and the Stream Key in the given boxes.
- Click OK to close the settings window.
Once Panopto and OBS Studio are configured correctly, it is not difficult to combine the features of both programs.
Dedicated OBS Hosting Can Ensure Low- Latency and High-Performance
OBS Studio is desktop software and may consume a massive amount of your computer and GPU resources. If your system lacks processing power or support for heavy graphics, the scenes to video conversion and OBS Studio to Panopto stream transmission may experience a lag. For a lag-free performance, you can host OBS Studio in the cloud with Apps4Rent. We incorporate high-performance servers, NVIDIA GPU, and advanced cloud technology to make your software lightning-fast. Our team is here to deploy, monitor, and maintain OBS Studio so you can enjoy it anytime, anywhere, on any device. Get in touch with us via phone, chat, or email for hosting plan inquiries today.