Service Fusion is an all-in-one application designed for small and midsize service contractors requiring field management capabilities. It provides advanced tools for maximizing their business potential by allowing businesses to operate from anywhere at affordable prices. The platform helps in ensuring that staff, technicians, and customers are all on the same page. Businesses can manage their customers, create estimates, generate invoices, and support field technicians.
One of the most important capabilities of Service Fusion is to integrate with QuickBooks. With this, there is bi-directional sync of customers, products, and services. In this article, we will focus on integrating Service Fusion with QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Service Fusion with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating Service Fusion with QuickBooks helps businesses track and measure the number of jobs completed, billed, invoiced, and paid accurately. Here are some of the advantages of integrating Service Fusion with QuickBooks.
- Businesses can manage their customer base, scheduling, jobs, and estimates in Service Fusion while tracking their project profitability, invoices, payments, and other expenses in QuickBooks.
- Updates in Service Fusion, such as customer information, products, and services can be automatically synchronized with QuickBooks.
- Managers will not have to juggle between customer payments and bills as payments can be accessed in QuickBooks invoices.
- Businesses will have access to real-time accounting management capabilities with Service Fusion QuickBooks integration.
How to Integrate Service Fusion and QuickBooks Desktop?
- Go to MY OFFICE>Settings>QuickBooks Desktop in Accounting in Service Fusion. The authentication keys and preferences will appear on the page.
- Make appropriate changes to the preferences and click on download at the bottom of the page.
- Run the setup file, answer the questions that appear, and then click on YES on the dialog box.
- Once the installation is complete, a new window with a checkbox will appear. Click on Finish, and launch the plugin.
- Connect the QuickBooks file from the pop-up that appears for the plugin. Ensure that the QuickBooks user is signed in with admin privileges.
- Select the option to auto-connect and allow Service Fusion to access the database even when QuickBooks is not running.
- Switch to the Service Fusion window, copy the credentials, and paste it into the plugin window.
- Select the data handling rules and proceed to the account settings page. Provide details, if services and labor, and other factors have to be separately tracked.
- Upload data from QuickBooks into Service Fusion and vice versa on the next page to complete the integration process.
Apps4Rent Can Enable QuickBooks Desktop Remote Access
A majority of Service Fusion users use QuickBooks for accounting and operations. While Service Fusion works with QuickBooks Online, certain features in QuickBooks Desktop are not yet available in QuickBooks Online. The lack of mobility with QuickBooks Desktop can be overcome with cloud hosting.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent offers QuickBooks hosting plans from our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters in New York and New Jersey for fast, secure, and reliable remote access to the accounting solution. Contact our QuickBooks specialists available 24/7/365 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.