QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is an application that runs on Microsoft Windows operating systems to enable web services from applications with different QuickBooks Desktop products such as QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier. The web application that works with QuickBooks Desktop may either be a local system or on the cloud through a hosting service. The QuickBooks Web Connector application should be installed on either the same network or the same machine on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed for functioning effectively. As a bridge between QuickBooks and different web-applications, QBWC eliminates the need for firewalls. Read on to understand how to use QuickBooks Web Connector.
How Does QuickBooks Web Connector Work?
QuickBooks Web Connector acts as a go-between application for passing qbXML between different web services and QuickBooks Desktop. The methods implemented by compatible web services enable them to communicate with QuickBooks using qbXML. Compatible web services can be added to QuickBooks Web Connector by downloading their corresponding .qwc extension files which the application opens automatically. Eventually, communication can be automated or triggered manually.
Why Use QuickBooks Web Connector?
There are three primary uses of the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- XML files from QuickBooks can be shared with web services and applications.
- Schedules for communication between QuickBooks and third-party web-applications can be automated.
- The addition of web applications with two-way communication with QuickBooks is much simpler.
Configuration Process for QuickBooks Web Connector
If you have a third-party application that has to work with QuickBooks, here’s how you can configure QBWC for their integration.
- Download and unzip the QuickBooks Web Connector installer.
- Store the three files in the folder in a different location and change the directory to the new location.
- Look for the QBWebConnectorInstaller.exe file and run it with admin rights.
- Follow the steps as they appear through the installation process.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop once the installation is complete.
Follow the steps below to add a new .qwc file for integrating a third-party web application with QuickBooks.
- Open the File menu once QuickBooks has been launched.
- Click on Update Web Services.
- Choose Add Application when the QuickBooks Web Connector window opens up.
- Search for the right .qwc file and select Open.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Solutions for QuickBooks Web Connector
Now that you know how to use QuickBooks Web Connector, it must be noted that web services and applications working with QuickBooks consume system resources. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent provides QuickBooks virtualization solutions to ensure optimal performance with integrated applications. Our experts are available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email. Talk to us today for promotional pricing on QuickBooks hosting services.