Online Check Writer (OCW) is an advanced cloud-based check printing software designed for modern business-to-business (B2B) payments. The smart vendor and invoice management solution includes features such as cloud-based user/approval flow, vendor management, invoicing, positive pay, auto reconciliation, and the ability to instantly create and deposit slips of any bank. It is used by millions of users, especially among small and medium businesses.
A majority of these small and medium businesses also use QuickBooks for the regular accounting requirements. In this article, we will focus on the integration of Online Check Writer (OCW) with QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Online Check Writer with QuickBooks?
Integrating Online Check Writer (OCW) with QuickBooks eliminates the need for pre-printed checks with bank account numbers.
- Businesses do not need to maintain an inventory of pre-printed checks. A single blank check stock inventory can save money and save time and improve convenience.
- It gives businesses the flexibility to customize their checks with their own logos and designs.
- It helps businesses pay or get paid faster using forms.
- Accountants using QuickBooks for managing the accounts of several companies or clients can add their bank accounts to one place. The checks get automatically downloaded to Online Check Writer and will be printed on blank check papers with one click.
- Businesses do not have to wait for pre-printed checks to arrive and can save significantly both in terms of costs and time.
- Online Check Writer also provides Intelligent Reporting Detail entry options to track entries for multiple users in a single account.
- Users can send checks and ACH from wherever they are using OCW QuickBooks integration.
How to Integrate Online Check Writer with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating Online Check Writer with QuickBooks Desktop allows users to import checks of different types from several companies and bank accounts with a single click. Follow the steps below to integrate Online Check Writer with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the CheckPrintingSoftware.exe file for the official website and install it on the machine running QuickBooks Desktop.
- Login to the integration application using the Online Check Writer credentials. Choose the type of checks that have to be imported and initiate a connection between Online Check Writer and QuickBooks.
- The checks will appear in the integration software. Select the ones that are required to be printed and click on Import. The imported checks will appear in the OCW account.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Remote QuickBooks Desktop Access
While Online Check Writer is a cloud-based solution, the application has to be installed on the machine running QuickBooks Desktop. Consequently, users need to have physical access to the machine to make changes in the settings even if they have to print checks remotely. This shortcoming can be overcome by installing QuickBooks Desktop along with its integrations, such as OCW on virtual desktops.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent offers QuickBooks cloud hosting services from our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters in New York and New Jersey for fast, dependable, and safe remote access to financial applications. Contact our QuickBooks specialists available round-the-clock via phone, chat, and email for assistance.