Microsoft Access is a data management application, or relational database system, that allows you to build business applications and create databases for reference, reporting, and analytics. With powerful and intuitive tools, MS Access can also reduce the complexities usually involved in the storage and management of massive amounts of information in MS Excel or similar spreadsheet applications. As the software is designed for personal computers, it requires PCs with a strong configuration. Wondering whether your system has all the components needed to install and run MS Access? MS Access system requirements listed in this article will help you find the answer.
What Software and Hardware Will You Need to Use MS Access?
Microsoft Access is a robust information management solution with tons of features for various businesses. It requires your system to be equipped with the following components for installation and use.
- Operating System: Windows 10 for PC
- Processor: 1.6 GHz, Dual-Core Processor
- RAM: 4 GB for 64-bit Systems and 2 GB for 32-bit Systems
- Hard Disk Space: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: DirectX 10 Graphics Card
- Display Resolution: 1024×468
- Additional Requirements: Internet Access and a Microsoft Account
What Are the Drawbacks of MS Access Local Installation?
- The performance of Microsoft Access will depend on the specifications of your local PC. The limited the resources, the poorer the performance.
- To use the software on multiple devices, multiple installations will be required. Also, each user will have to individually update their software.
- MS Access may fail to scale up with the growing requirements of your business, impacting the overall efficiency in information management and application building.
- You will not be able to access the software on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. You will have to depend on the PC where it is installed.
- You will not be able to run databases from different locations.
- Multiple users will not be able to make changes to the database simultaneously, making collaboration challenging and time-consuming.
- Your data will not be automatically synced across all the user devices, which can make it difficult for your employees to be on the same page.
- Your data will not be automatically backed up, which means you may lose all records if you format your PC to recover from a malware attack.
How to Overcome the Problems Associated with Local Installation?
To overcome the challenges associated with configuring MS Access on your local computer, you can host it online. Online access can give your business users the flexibility to use the software from anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. MS Access gives you the same feeling that you get while working on your computer, but you actually work on a cloud desktop. Cloud data servers equipped with the latest technology and lightning-fast processing resources make running Access databases faster than on-premises.
Run Your Access Database Online with Apps4Rent
Cloud hosting can help your business teams run MS Access databases from disparate geographic locations, reducing infrastructure and operational costs and improving efficiency. Apps4Rent offers fully managed Microsoft Access cloud hosting services to help you use MS Access online. We can also migrate your Access database to the cloud with all the existing business data intact. As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP for Microsoft Office 365, we can also help you choose and deploy the right plan for Access for PC and all other premium Office 365 apps. Contact our Microsoft services consultants, available 24/7, for Microsoft/Office 365 product subscription and MS Access hosting plan inquiries.