How to Use Minute7 with QuickBooks?
Minute7 is a time and expense tracking application for professional service companies, such as engineering services, architecture, law firms, consultants, certified public accountants (CPAs). The intuitive software offers built-in tools to track time and expenses for specific customers, jobs, and projects, and review the resources spent on different tasks. Employees can clock in and out, attach expense receipts, calculate, and report mileage. Managers can customize reports and permissions for specific users.
Minute7 is specifically designed to work with QuickBooks for tracking time and expenses and is ideal for small and medium businesses. In this article, we will explain how to integrate Minute7 with QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Minute7 with QuickBooks?
Integrating QuickBooks with Minute7 simplifies the payroll and billing process by synchronizing approved time and expense entries in Minute7 directly with QuickBooks Desktop. The data exported from Minute7 will be visible in the Weekly Timesheets section, Payroll, and Customer Invoices in QuickBooks. Here are the advantages of integrating Minute7 with QuickBooks.
- Managers can run payroll, job costing, and create invoices without leaving QuickBooks.
- Adding, editing, and approving time entries is simplified significantly. Additionally, employee permissions and preferences can be managed from a single interface.
- Consolidated summaries and comprehensive reports can be generated by combining information shared between the two applications.
- Employees and vendors can be reimbursed for expenses quickly and easily by using data in QuickBooks.
How to Integrate Minute7 with QuickBooks Desktop?
Minute7 synchronizes information with QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Web Connector. Follow the steps below to integrate Minute7 with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Web Connector on the machine on which data from QuickBooks has to be synchronized with Minute7.
- After proceeding through the installation process, launch Minute7 with an account with export permission, and click on the Sync tab.
- Click on the Web Connector File link, name and save the QWC file, and launch the Web Connector.
- Click on Add an Application in the QuickBooks Web Connector and select the saved QWC file.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop, open the appropriate company file, and allow QuickBooks Web Connector to interact with Minute7.
- Grant appropriate permissions by selecting the corresponding checkboxes before clicking on Continue and Done in the summary window.
- Provide the Minute7 credentials in the Web Connector, select the check box for the Minute7 application, and click on Update Selected to initiate the synchronization.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Hosted Applications for Professional Services
While Minute7 is a cloud-based solution that enables employees to enter time and expenses from their PCs, Macs, iPhone, and Android devices, among others, many businesses prefer to use QuickBooks Desktop, which is an on-premises application, due to the superior feature that it offers over QuickBooks Online. Consequently, while data from Minute7 can be synchronized online, meaningful reports can only be generated on machines on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed, making it challenging for remote employees to work efficiently.
This challenge can be overcome by installing QuickBooks Desktop on virtual desktops, which can be accessed from anywhere. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise in our top tier SAE-16 certified data centers, along with add-on applications. Call, chat or email our technical consultants, available 24/7 for help.