WooCommerce is one of the most versatile and widely used open-source eCommerce platforms for small to large-sized online merchants. It is customizable and easy to set up and use. In addition to the powerful features that are already built into the platform, it is seamlessly extensible with themes, customizations, and extensions. As eCommerce businesses grow using the WooCommerce platform, automation becomes an integral aspect of scaling up their operations, and accounting is one of the first routine tasks that can be automated. While there are many methods for streamlining accounting, using dedicated software such as QuickBooks can be useful for WooCommerce users due to its ability to integrate with the eCommerce solution. In this article, we will elaborate on the process involved in integrating QuickBooks with WooCommerce.
What Are the Benefits of Integrating QuickBooks and WooCommerce?
Integrating QuickBooks and WooCommerce allows information to flow between the two systems seamlessly. Data exchange can be automated to track inventory, retain customer information such as addresses and credit cards, and generate reports. This ensures that both systems contain the same information that can be used for different purposes. Here are the benefits of integrating QuickBooks with WooCommerce.
- Users can take advantage of 2-way sync of orders, inventory, products, and other items, with which order management is simplified through automation.
- It provides access to currency and tax support, as exchange rates are added to QuickBooks Desktop entries.
- WooCommerce sales data and information from various payment platforms can be imported into QuickBooks, allowing users to see detailed financial insights from orders from different sales channels.
- Sales, returns, and new stock added using either QuickBooks or WooCommerce reflect in both systems, ensuring accurate inventories.
How Does WooCommerce Work with QuickBooks Desktop?
As an open-source e-commerce platform, WooCommerce supports a wide range of solutions that integrate with QuickBooks. Consequently, the steps and the capabilities may vary based on the tool. The general process involved in integrating WooCommerce with QuickBooks is as follows.
- Download the integration software on the desktop on which QuickBooks is installed.
- Log in to the WooCommerce store, and search for the extension (integration software) that was downloaded. Follow the steps specified in the wizard to create a link between WooCommerce and QuickBooks.
- Once the applications are connected, payment gateways, customers, products, and others fields can be mapped between QuickBooks and WooCommerce.
- Most integrations are designed for real-time synchronization of data between QuickBooks and WooCommerce. While customers, inventory, products, orders, and other fields are typically automatically synchronized by most tools, many also provide advanced sync options to map roles and manage other settings.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Hosted QuickBooks for eCommerce Businesses
While WooCommerce integrates with both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online, certain capabilities, such as the ability to generate sales orders are only available in the desktop version. Additionally, QuickBooks Enterprise, which can handle bar code scanning, tracking serial numbers, and shipments from multiple warehouses, has to be installed on desktops. These desktop applications can be accessed from anywhere with QuickBooks cloud hosting.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise in the cloud, along with other applications such as WooCommerce. Call, chat or email our technical consultants, available 24/7 for assistance.