How to Live Stream to AWS Media Services with OBS Studio?
Media Services on AWS give you the ability to create live and on-demand video workflows. The pay-as-you-go services with appliance products provide you with the video streaming infrastructure you need to create an enjoyable viewing experience for your audience. AWS also allows you to configure and integrate OBS Studio with AWS Media Services to help you deliver highly scalable live events and OTT (Over-the-Top) video experiences to any screen. Let’s discuss various aspects of this service and the settings walkthrough for connecting it with OBS Studio.
Why Use AWS Media Services?
Media Services on AWS enable you to transport, process, and deliver live events and on-demand content in the cloud. The following list represents some of the crucial features and benefits of the AWS offering.
- AWS Media Services are managed services that let you build video workflows quickly.
- The services can scale as per your requirements and eliminate the need for capacity planning.
- The pay-as-you-go pricing helps you pay only for what you use.
- AWS Media Services can be integrated with various other AWS services and third-party software for file storage, content protection, monetization capability, and more.
- The services meet various use cases including multi-format live streaming, video file transcoding, broadcast distribution, low-latency live streaming, and personalized ads.
Why Stream to AWS Media Services with OBS Studio?
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) Studio is a popular RTMP encoder designed to help you broadcast media to several platforms. It is a freeware with its code distributed under GPLv2 license for download, use, distribution, and modification. With tons of audio and video customization options, the software allows you to process your video, decorate it with various elements, and send it to your preferred streaming platform for rendering. OBS Studio provides you with a high-level view of your production, enabling you to make changes in the stream as and when you need.
You can use OBS Studio to render your videos in multiple languages. This feature is useful when your target audience is spread across various regions. Also, you can use multiple cameras to shoot more than one scene. Moreover, OBS Studio allows you to set up unlimited scenes and select one out of them at any moment for broadcasting on the user’s device. It gives you the flexibility to record various activities simultaneously and choose the one that you think is the most important for streaming.
How to Connect AWS Media Services with OBS?
In order to use the full range of OBS Studio capabilities with AWS Media Services, you will have to obtain an endpoint URL from AWS Media Services by creating a channel and input. Once you have the endpoint URL with you, the following steps can help you integrate AWS Media Services with OBS Studio.
- Launch OBS Studio.
- Click on Settings, and then select Stream.
- Set Stream Type as Custom Streaming Server.
- Paste the endpoint URL you have obtained from AWS Media Services in the URL box.
- Remove / from the URL.
- Type the stream name in the Stream Key box. It should be the same as the stream name you have chosen while configuring the AWS Media Services channel.
- Click OK to finish the setup.
Apps4Rent Can Host Your Production Software in a Virtual Machine
OBS Studio can stream your content on YouTube, Facebook, and many other public and private platforms, including AWS Media Services and Microsoft Stream. However, as it is desktop software its performance is subject to the system where you install it. Hosting OBS in the cloud can improve its performance and make it accessible across all connected devices. Apps4Rent offers OBS hosting plans to help your software attain ease of use, mobility, and scalability. We host your software in a robust cloud environment, powered by our highly reliable data centers and Azure, for optimal security and performance. You can reach out to our OBS hosting experts, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for hosting plan inquiries.