Drake Software has different programs for tax planning, accounting, payroll, and related services. It uses advanced computer technology to help you prepare taxes for your clients and manage various accounting processes. While the software is full of innovative features, its installation and use require your system to meet certain conditions called system requirements. This article outlines Drake Software system requirements to help you configure it on your computer for the best use.
Why Use Drake Software?
Drake Software has a myriad of features for tax planning and compliance, accounting, invoicing, and payroll. The following points give a brief idea about Drake’s capabilities.
- The Tax Planner feature allows tax preparers to plan taxes for their clients, covering different scenarios that lead to a huge change in income and expenses.
- Drake Software allows you to e-sign tax forms, eliminating the need for manual signatures and stamps.
- The software has a reliable feature for data backup and restoration, which enables tax preparers to protect sensitive client information.
- The Scheduler feature helps you create set up appointments and make schedules for yourself and other tax preparers.
- The Drake Amortization feature lets you create amortization schedules for analysis of a loan amount.
- Payroll module provides Live and After-the-Fact (ATF) payroll with portal access via the internet.
- Payroll features include direct deposit, MICR check printing, and e-filing tax forms.
- Bookkeeping features enable you to set up a custom chart of accounts by importing existing records or using a template.
- You can change account information as needed during setup. It allows you to enter account levels, current budget, starting balances, and export data from Drake Accounting to Drake Tax.
- Accounts Payable features allow you to print and track payments to contractors and other payees. You can pay contractors by direct deposits. For payees, you can pay by invoice or check writer.
- Accounts Receivable features allow you to send invoices and customer statements. You can track accounts receivable and monitor tax liabilities.
- Drake also lets you create federal and state tax forms for printing or e-filing to comply with tax regulators.
Supported Operating Systems by Drake Software
You can install the tax software on a machine operating on any of Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019 with the latest service pack.
Minimum System Requirements for Drake Software
For setting up Drake Software on your computer, you must have a 1 GHz processor with 1 GB of RAM for 32-bit systems and 2GB of RAM for 64-bit systems. Similarly, 2 GB of hard disk space will be required for the installation and file processing. You will also need a display with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768. Internet Explorer 11 can allow you access to online features and regular updates.
Recommended Specifications by Drake Software
Meeting the minimum system requirement means you can install the software. However, it doesn’t ensure good performance and access to all software features. Recommended software specifications include Windows 10 Professional edition. A 64-bit system with a 2.0 GHz or faster multi-core processor and 4 GB or more of RAM can deliver enhanced performance. A monitor with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1800 can ensure a better viewing experience. A high-speed internet connection can help you access online features with ease. Downloading Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7 or higher, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Reader are also recommended.
An Alternative Approach
Depending upon the programs and features you want to install, you may have to further upgrade your system several times. For a team comprising of 1 to 100 members, an alternative method can be networking the software with a dedicated on-premises server or hosting it in the cloud infrastructure. Hosting offers an easy and efficient way to take Drake online. It also enables you to access the full range of Drake Software modules and features from anywhere on all Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
Apps4Rent Is a One-Stop Source for Drake Hosting Services
When Drake Software is installed on a virtual desktop, it delivers excellent performance on a variety of devices, even under extensive use. Hosting Drake on a virtual desktop provided by desktop virtualization services such as HDX-powered Citrix Virtual Desktops and Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), apart from affordable virtual desktops on our own servers in the top tier SSAE 16 certified data centers. We ensure optimum security and seamless performance for your software by hosting it on our robust data centers and Azure. Get in touch with our cloud technology specialists, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for hosting plan inquiries.