Microsoft introduced a new category of computing called Cloud PC to cater to the demands of modern hybrid workplaces. This cloud PC solution called Windows 365, revolutionizes the way Windows experiences are delivered on different platforms. It offers a premium experience for both end-users and IT departments. The Windows Cloud PC solution is simple and easy to set up use, and manage. Unlike existing virtualization solutions, it is a fully managed service that eliminates the overheads and other complexities associated with cloud services. In this article, we will delve into the nuances of Windows 365 Cloud PC.
How Does Cloud PC Work?
The Cloud PC service is built on the Azure Virtual Desktop stack and is intended to eventually replace fat-client desktops. The persistent desktop offering is available in a few canned sizes running in Azure infrastructure. The solution is available in two flavors. The first is the Windows 365 Enterprise version that can be managed from the Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM). It can be used with the existing Azure infrastructure. The second is the Windows 365 Business version. It is a standalone solution that is a fully managed service working on Microsoft’s Azure subscription.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Cloud PC?
Cloud PC offers several benefits over traditional virtualization solutions.
- Although most virtual desktops can be accessed using any internet-enabled device, they require an above-average internet connection speed. However, with Cloud PC, the device used for accessing the online service for accessing things using a browser or uploading and downloading content does not require a fast connection.
- Windows Cloud PC offers a persistent and always-ready Windows environment in which personalized desktops, apps, files, and even the settings are retained and delivered securely using Azure infrastructure.
- Cloud PC remains connected to the work network. This eliminates the risks associated with using VPN access from a personally owned device to connect to the work network.
- It is the first virtualization solution that offers end-users a portal from which they can manage their instance for performing tasks such as restarting, renaming, and troubleshooting issues, without admin assistance.
- Cloud PCs can be managed along with physical devices in Microsoft Endpoint Manager without having to learn new management tools and paradigms.
- For enterprise admins, the licensing experience is similar to that they are used to for Microsoft 365.
- Analytics is built into the service to monitor the health and performance of enterprise cloud PCs. Performance issues can be resolved by changing the Cloud PC specs to match the demand on a particular device.
- Cloud PC is abstracted from the device used to access it. It follows a Zero Trust security model, and there is even a Windows 365 specific security baseline in Microsoft Defender for foolproof security.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Cloud PC Deployment
Although Windows 365 Cloud PC may be easy to purchase and procure, it might not be the most affordable virtual desktop solution. This is particularly true for enterprises, for which Azure Virtual Desktop if built optimally, can be significantly more economical.
Regardless, of the choice of virtualization solution, as a Microsoft Gold Partner in competencies such as Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity, Apps4Rent provides managed Azure services that include assistance with license procurement, solution implementation, deployment, and customization. Contact our Microsoft-certified cloud agents, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.