Greatland Yearli is an application for federal, state, and recipient W-2, 1099, and 1095 filing. The payroll software designed for small and medium businesses is useful for accounting firms and third-party administrators, such as professional employer organizations (PEOs), reporting agents, and benefits administrators with the year-end filing process.
Yearli integrates with a wide range of third-party applications to import wage and information reporting data. In this article, we will focus on the integration of Yearli with QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Yearli with QuickBooks?
Integrating Yearli with QuickBooks simplifies the process of filing W-2 and 1099 MISC forms. Users can simply create a Yearli account, import data from QuickBooks, review it, and check out. Here are the advantages of integrating Yearli with QuickBooks.
- Users can use the Export Wizard to import data directly from QuickBooks to be filled into W-2, 1099, and 1095 forms, which Yearli will file to the federal government or an applicable state agency.
- The integration offers bi-directional data flow between Yearli and QuickBooks, eliminating the need for double-entry.
- Security and confidentiality are assured with Service Organization Control Reports SOC 2 certification compliance.
- The filing process is simplified due to automation by the Yearli QuickBooks integration.
How to Set Up Yearli with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating Yearli with QuickBooks Desktop allows businesses to file forms with ease by importing data from QuickBooks. Follow the steps below to set up Yearli with QuickBooks Desktop.
Exporting data from Yearli to QuickBooks Desktop
- Download and install the Yearli Export Wizard.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and open the company file for which forms have to be filed using Yearli.
- Click on Edit>Preferences, and select the Company Preferences tab.
- Click on Integrated Applications on the menu.
- Select the Properties button for the Export Wizard. Ensure that the application is authorized to read and modify the company files and access personal data such as the Social Security Number.
- Close the import utility and initiate the import process.
Importing data from QuickBooks Desktop to Yearli
- Launch Yearli Desktop and navigate to Start New Forms.
- Click on the Import Data button on the dashboard.
- Select the QuickBooks option and specify the version.
- Click on Begin QuickBooks Desktop Data Export.
- To launch the Export Wizard, navigate to Start Menu>All Programs>Export Wizard.
- Map the form for W-2 or 1099-MISC data and save the Excel file.
- Login to Yearli>Start Forms>Import Data.
- After selecting the Yearli option, choose the appropriate form based on the data to be imported from QuickBooks.
- Import the Excel file generated using the Export Wizard.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Cloud Hosting Services
Integrating Yearli with QuickBooks Desktop simplifies the accounting processes and minimizes the stress involved in working with government forms. For users on the desktop version, there are limitations on using the application on Mac machines apart from the restrictions on mobility.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host Yearli and QuickBooks on Windows-powered virtual machines in our secure top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters in New York and New Jersey. Contact our QuickBooks specialists available 24/7/365 over the phone, chat, and email for help.