Different accounting and payment-related features missing in Wave often promote QuickBooks as an alternative. QuickBooks, on the other hand, offers a variety of features to cater to the accounting needs of all types and sizes of businesses. With features such as full-service payroll and easy bill payment, QuickBooks is equipped with bill payment capability that Wave lacks. If you have been using Wave previously and recently shifted to QuickBooks, you can preserve all your data and import it into QuickBooks. QuickBooks Desktop solution allows you to do it with the utmost ease.
What Are the Advantages of Migrating from Wave to QuickBooks?
- Wave doesn’t have much to offer to mid and large-sized businesses, while QuickBooks addresses the needs of all small, mid, and large-sized businesses effectively. QuickBooks can help you with strong accounting features and connected QuickBooks services.
- QuickBooks offers excellent reporting capability, enabling you to get a high-level view of your data with just a few clicks. You can import your data from Wave and use QuickBooks reporting tools to get a clear picture of the business.
- Wave to QuickBooks migration can provide you multiple budgeting tools that Wave lacks.
- The latest versions of QuickBooks Desktop have receipt processing and warehouse management features enabled, whereas Wave inventory features leave a lot to be desired. Migrating from Wave to QuickBooks can allow you to scan your receipts send them to expense entries using the QuickBooks Desktop inventory tracking and receipt management app. The app also helps you track your inventory more efficiently.
- While migrating from Wave, you can import lists such as customers, vendors, chart of accounts, products, services, and more. You can also import invoices, credit notes, sales receipts, and bills to keep your data integrated for efficient reporting and analytics.
How to Import Your Data from Wave into QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is one of the biggest names in the world of accounting and bookkeeping. It offers you a robust feature-set, intuitive interface, strong accounting capabilities, and hundreds of integrations. Importing your records from other accounting solutions such as Wave can help you keep your data in one place and better track your business. There are two major ways to bring your data into QuickBooks. The first method is to export your data to an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file and importing it from your QuickBooks software. Though the steps involved may vary slightly based on your QuickBooks product, they generally are as follows:
- Go to the File menu.
- Select Utilities and then click on Import.
- Select Excel files.
- If you get a new screen asking Add/Edit Multiple List Entries, click No.
- Follow the wizard and select Close when done.
The alternate method is to deploy a third-party application that transfers your records into QuickBooks.
Apps4Rent Can Simplify Wave to QuickBooks Migration
The challenges to import your files while preserving their content start with bringing the files to the physical computer where QuickBooks is installed. Moreover, Intuit doesn’t currently offer an app or assisted technical support for migrating from Wave to QuickBooks. Apps4Rent is an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider and helps you access your software remotely on systems where your CSV or Excel files are stored, enabling you to import your data into QuickBooks swiftly. QuickBooks hosting also gives you the freedom to use your software on any device, from anywhere in the world. Contact our QuickBooks hosting experts available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for hosting plan inquiries.