Tableau is one of the world’s most widely used analytics and data visualization platforms. Many enterprises that use Tableau Desktop for business intelligence use Tableau Server to publish, share and administrate Tableau Desktop content. This allows them to empower their users with the freedom to explore data and powerful analytics capabilities in a secure and trusted environment.
With the advent of cloud technology, many enterprises are looking for solutions to ingest, store, process, and collaborate on large datasets using Tableau Server. While some switch to Tableau Online, the fully managed cloud analytics solution, others need full control over their Tableau Server. In this article, we will delve into the nuances of hosting Tableau Server on cloud platforms.
What Are the Advantages of Tableau Server Cloud Hosting?
As data strategies evolve, businesses are looking for solutions to maximize the return on investments in technology. With Tableau Server cloud hosting, enterprises can reduce maintenance costs and make data more accessible to their employees, without compromising on control over their server. Here are some of the advantages of hosting Tableau Server in the cloud.
- There is better support for ad-hoc analysis and high performance for high-volume data with regular reporting in various use cases, as the infrastructure can be tuned to adapt to usage patterns and respond dynamically.
- Compute power can be scaled dynamically to match data workloads.
- Organizations can improve data governance and their security stance.
- Increases flexibility for handling structured, unstructured, or semi-structured data types that are supported by Tableau.
- Improves cost-efficiency by reducing overhead costs associated with procuring and managing fixed database infrastructure.
Why Host Tableau Server on Azure?
Hosting Tableau Server on Azure results in a powerful enterprise cloud analytics solution that is flexible, cost-effective, and delivers high performance. Enterprises can deploy, scale, and manage their Tableau Server on Azure Virtual Machines quickly, securely, and efficiently without the hassles of upfront investments, hardware procurement, and physical deployment. Here are some of the additional capabilities available when implementing Tableau Server with Azure.
- Use Tableau to analyze data in the Azure SQL Server database.
- Fluidly analyze data with sub-second data times and interactively explore data and share findings with Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Explore large data sets and data models for big-data analytics applications using Apache Spark on Azure HDInsight.
- Use Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) as the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) identity provider (IdP) to support single sign-on (SSO).
Apps4Rent Can Help with Tableau Server Cloud Implementation
Tableau Server can be deployed on cloud infrastructure in many configurations. Various factors, such as the data environment, the size of the user base, and how users will interact with Tableau content not only influence the sizing of the deployment in the cloud, but also the architecture.
As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP with Gold Competency in specializations such as Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity, Apps4Rent can help develop and deploy a comprehensive business intelligence solution with Tableau on Azure. We can also host Tableau Server in our top-tier SSAE-16 level datacenters in New York and New Jersey. Alternatively, as a Microsoft Power Platform Partner, we can also help with Power BI solutions. Contact our business intelligence advisors, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.