How to Stream to Wowza with OBS Studio?
Wowza provides a live streaming platform for your business-critical applications and can offer reliable, flexible, and scalable solutions for streaming your content for the targeted audience. Where it is an excellent idea to use a platform specifically designed to meet business and industry-specific use cases, it is also essential to apply streaming best-practices to ensure the set KPIs are met. Taking this into consideration, Wowza allows you to incorporate external streaming software, OBS Studio, and create an impactful live broadcasting experience.
What Are the Advantages of Wowza Streaming?
- Wowza streaming service is designed to enable excellent-quality streaming for a wide range of use cases related to today’s individuals, businesses, and industries. It includes live auctions, e-sports, interactive fitness, on-demand, and OTT (Over-the-Top) streaming.
- Wowza Streaming Cloud helps you stream with the power of WebRTC and allows you to tune HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) for reduced latency, enabling you to engage and influence your audience in almost real-time.
- The platform allows you to optimize your content for delivery on any device, enabling you to interact with your audience regardless of the device they are using.
- With Wowza streaming solutions, you can interact with a remote audience live, which is necessary for auction-like scenarios where real-time customer participation is important.
- Wowza integrates with OBS Studio to help you convert your raw videos into crystal-clear Full HD streams, with abundant additional elements like captions, images, logo, and more.
How OBS Studio Helps You Create an Immersive Viewing Experience?
Open Broadcaster Software Studio is built to help you create and broadcast your content on your preferred streaming platform. It is a free option for a number of expensive encoders with similar functionality and features. The versatile build of the software allows it to connect with a wide range of services like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Wowza, and project collaboration clients like Microsoft Teams, and Zoom. The software provides you with a multiscreen view of your production and offers you tools to make changes even when you are live streaming.
To record a 360-degree view of your events, OBS Studio allows you to deploy multiple cameras and set up unlimited scenes. You can also choose which sound will be played in each speaker when a viewer uses a multi-speaker system. With Studio Mode, Multiview, Surround Sound, and Multichannel streaming, OBS creates an immersive viewing experience for your audience.
How to Connect OBS Studio with Wowza?
Both Wowza and OBS Studio are quite flexible and allow tons of integrations. When you connect the two pieces of software, you can enjoy the benefits of each in one place. The steps below guide you to integrate OBS Studio with Wowza and start streaming like an ace streamer.
- Log into your Wowza Streaming Cloud account.
- Go to Live Streams and select Add Live Stream.
- Give your stream a name and select a location close to the location you are streaming from.
- Click Next. You will be taken to a new screen.
- On the Video Source and Transcoder Settings screen, select Other RTMP.
- Use the default for the rest of the settings and click on the Finish button to finish the setup.
- Your stream will be created, and you will be taken to the Source Connection Information page.
- Copy the Primary Server URL and the alphanumeric Stream Key. This information is required to configure OBS Studio.
- Open OBS Studio.
- Open Settings and click on Stream.
- Select Stream Type as Custom Streaming Server.
- Paste the Primary Server URL and the Stream Key in the given boxes.
- If you want to stream in the private mode, click on Use authentication and provide OBS Studio with the username and password obtained from the Wowza Source Connection Information page.
- Click OK to dismiss the settings window.
You will be now able to stream your videos and events on Wowza with the features of OBS Studio.
Apps4Rent Helps Your Software Attain Low-Latency and High-Availability
Wowza provides you with tools to keep your streams close to real-time with the help of cloud infrastructure. However, OBS Studio is a desktop application and relies on on-premises resources. Many live streamers use OBS as their preferred RTMP encoder and repackage their streams to reach a wider using the Wowza streaming engine. This introduces a lag during the process of conversion, and the problem becomes worse if the device on which OBS is installed lacks processing power. To minimize this lag, you can host OBS Studio in the cloud with Apps4Rent for an improved live streaming experience. With the state-of-the-art technology and NVIDIA GPU to support the heavy use of graphics, we provide your software with lightning-fast speed. If you have any questions regarding hosting plans or the cloud deployment of your software, get in touch with our experts, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email to assist you.
Want to live stream with OBS?