Shotcut is one of the most popular open-source audio/video editing software. With endless features including, a multi-format timeline, mix, and match resolutions and frame rates within a project, webcam and audio capture, support for popular image formats as well as image sequences, etc. Shotcut is tough competition to many of the licensed software. Applications like Shotcut have high computing demands and can only be run on high-end desktops and laptops. Even then, it is difficult to perform rendering jobs efficiently and scale the performance on these devices.
What Are the Advantages of Hosting Shotcut on Virtual Machines?
Shotcut cloud hosting can solve many problems associated with running the application on physical desktop computers.
- It is possible to create large render farms to scale the solution at relatively lower costs.
- Resources like number CPUs, RAM/memory, and storage, are scalable as per requirements.
- It provides remote access to powerful resources for running computing-resource intensive Shotcut workloads.
- You can access your Shotcut on the cloud from anywhere in the world from any desktop/laptop/mobile device with internet connectivity.
- It is possible to store large volumes of Shotcut render output in the cloud.
With Shotcut, you can:
- Share or save trimmed video created in a project.
- Add text using titler.
- Cut or trim a clip without encoding or transcoding it.
- Make subtitles.
- Change the speed of the video.
- Edit the audio at the wave/sample level.
Although GPU takes most of the load and provides enhanced performance when using Shotcut, it does not use the GPU or hardware acceleration for the following:
- Decoding and pixel format conversion
- Automatic filters to deinterlace, scale, and pad video and to resample or downmix audio
- Filters that you add
- Compositing/blending video tracks
- Mixing audio tracks
Apps4Rent Can Help with Cloud Hosted Desktop
Apps4Rent offers virtual desktops on a cloud that are scalable based on your requirement for hosting Shotcut. Since the virtual/remote desktop is on a cloud, it can be accessed from any local PC/laptop, Windows, or Mac, which has internet connectivity. No configuration change is required on your local PC/laptop. Call, chat or email our virtual/remote desktop specialists, available 24/7 for assistance.