ServiceTitan is a widely used field service management software for residential and commercial (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and other field service business that helps in improving their operational efficiency by digitizing and automating processes. It helps field service businesses streamline dispatching, scheduling jobs, track time, and perform other tasks to improve processes in and out of the office.
Many contractors use QuickBooks for accounting, calculating payroll, invoicing customers, and ordering inventory. Using ServiceTitan with QuickBooks can help businesses increase efficiency, reduce errors, and scale processes. In this article, we will examine how to integrate ServiceTitan and QuickBooks.
What Are the Advantages of Using ServiceTitan with QuickBooks?
An overwhelming majority of ServiceTitan users also use QuickBooks for its powerful, industry-leading accounting features to manage their finances. Here are some of the advantages of using SereviceTitan with QuickBooks.
- Transactions in the field that have been captured in ServiceTitan can be exported instantly to QuickBooks.
- It eliminates the need to manually input accounting data, as ServiceTitan ensures that the records are accurate, current, and easy to access.
- Field techs can easily generate and export invoices to QuickBooks.
- Purchase orders can be generated in ServiceTitan and pushed to QuickBooks.
- Users can enjoy seamless accounting with intuitive features for recording transactions, consolidating financial records, eliminating costly mistakes, and saving time.
How to Set Up QuickBooks Files in ServiceTitan?
ServiceTitan supports both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the steps below to set up QuickBooks with ServiceTitan.
- Click on the Connect a File+ button on the Settings page of ServiceTitan to link QuickBooks company files.
- On the main accounts page, make appropriate changes to the settings such as the mapping of chart of accounts, business units, inventory management, and tax zones.
- If there are several active QuickBooks connections, select the appropriate QuickBooks connection to which a batch has to be exported.
- To export transactions from ServiceTitan to QuickBooks, click on the invoice tab in the menu bar. The list of transactions that are not batched and exported appears in the Invoices tab.
- Select or Create a Batch and select the information that has to be sent to QuickBooks. After lumping the information that has to be sent to QuickBooks, click on the Post Batch option in the menu. Then click on the Export to QuickBooks button.
Apps4Rent Can Help with QuickBooks Remote Access
One of the unique features of ServiceTitan QuickBooks integration is that multiple QuickBooks company files can be connected and updated so that workflows can be completed faster while maintaining controls that protect the integrity of financials. While ServiceTitan integrates with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, the desktop version offers much better permissions to dial in, which provides more control over the access to QuickBooks account. Additionally, certain data entries, such as refunds, are easier to manage with QuickBooks Desktop. However, unlike QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop needs to be installed on a machine, which could restrict its accessibility.
This challenge can be solved with QuickBooks Desktop cloud hosting. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent offers QuickBooks hosting service for QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise with other small business software solutions in our highly secure SSAE 16 datacenters. Contact our QuickBooks virtualization specialists available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.