ExpenseWire is an advanced expense management software that caters to the specific needs of small and medium businesses. It can be deployed quickly, easy to use, and flexible to be configured to address the unique requirements of dynamic businesses. ExpenseWire helps businesses streamline their expense report review and approval cycles, and in automating employee expense reimbursements. These expense reports can be submitted online, which helps businesses in saving money while ensuring compliance with spending policies.
ExpenseWire works best with accounting software, such as QuickBooks that is also widely used by small and medium businesses. In this article, we will focus on integrating ExpenseWire with QuickBooks to maximize efficiency.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating ExpenseWire with QuickBooks?
Integrating ExpenseWire with QuickBooks allows users to manage their expenses by importing the data into QuickBooks accounts, ensuring that there is continuity between the ExpenseWire system and QuickBooks.
- It provides a comprehensive online solution for expense reporting.
- It minimizes the dependence on complicated and time-consuming spreadsheets for QuickBooks users.
- Vendors can be paid faster using money, bill, ACH deposit, or check.
- Businesses can keep an accurate track of money in the payment account that is recorded against, both for checks and bills.
- The combination of ExpenseWire and QuickBooks helps businesses get better visibility into spending for cost-saving opportunities.
- It simplifies in ensuring that there is no excessive spending, and in enforcing compliance.
How to Connect ExpenseWire with QuickBooks Desktop?
ExpenseWire System works with QuickBooks Desktop using the Web Connector feature. Before initiating the Web Connector installation and setup, the ExpenseWire System Administrator has to enable the account for QuickBooks. Follow the steps below for connecting QuickBooks with ExpenseWire.
- Launch ExpenseWire on the machine on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks tab. Request the ExpenseWire admin to enable it in system settings in the Admin tab, if not already done so.
- Click on “Instructions” in the QuickBooks processing area.
- Download the ExpenseWire Web Connector and install it on the machine with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop application, and type in the credentials for the ExpenseWire account in the web connector when requested.
- Finally, click on Update Selected. By default, the sync will happen once every 60 minutes.
Apps4Rent Can Help with QuickBooks Cloud Services
While integrating ExpenseWire with QuickBooks Desktop saves time and improves accuracy, the synchronization occurs only when the web connector is running. This could be challenging for businesses with distributed teams, as the system on which QuickBooks Desktop and the web connector are installed will have to be kept running almost perpetually, or at least during business hours. In other words, users will need to have access to the physical machine.
This challenge can be solved by installing these applications on virtual machines that can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, using any device. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Desktop, along with other applications in our top-tier SSAE-16 certified data centers. Contact our QuickBooks virtualization specialists, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.