Procore is a full-featured construction management software designed to help businesses in the construction industry finish projects safely, on time, within budget. Construction companies use Procore to manage all phases of a project, from pre-development and bidding to project completion. Businesses that use construction management software typically use accounting applications for managing their finances. A significant number of such businesses use QuickBooks as their preferred accounting solution. Procore provides bi-direction sync capabilities with QuickBooks. In this article, we will explore how to integrate Procore and QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Procore with QuickBooks?
Integrating Procore with QuickBooks helps businesses align their project management and accounting by synchronizing cost data for projects in one location, standardizing accounting processes, and automating business workflows. Here are the advantages of integrating Procore with QuickBooks.
- The approval process commitments, change orders, and other time-sensitive tasks are streamlined, reducing time and efforts.
- Manual double-entry of data is eliminated, thus helping businesses avoid human errors.
- Communication between accounting and project management teams is made seamless with shared data.
- Project management teams using Procore Projects can access QuickBooks Job Cost reports instantly.
- Procore Standard Cost Codes can be exported to QuickBooks to consolidate data.
- Procore costing and budgeting tools can be used with QuickBooks job costing data to track spending.
- Process purchase orders in QuickBooks with data exported from the Commitments tool in Procore.
- Purchase orders can be updated in QuickBooks after creating Commitment Change Orders (CCOs) in Procore.
- Data exported from Procore’s Budget tool to process QuickBooks estimates.
How to Synchronize Procore with QuickBooks Desktop?
Procore and QuickBooks Desktop are synchronized using the QuickBooks Web Connector. Follow the steps below to integrate Procore and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Install QuickBooks Web Connector on the computer on which QuickBooks Desktop and Procore are installed using the Windows profile for which it was configured. After creating a Procore user account for the QuickBooks microservice, enable and configure the ERP Integrations tool for the company’s Procore account.
- Configure the Admin tool so that QuickBooks Standard Cost Codes preferences are available in QuickBooks, and consolidate the vendor lists in QuickBooks and Procore directories.
- Turn on the Web Connector either from the Start menu or directly from QuickBooks Desktop from File>Update Web Services.
- When the Web Connector is launched, ensure the Auto-Run checkbox is ticked, and update the Every_Min column to update the frequency.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Hosted QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise
One of the challenges of working with the QuickBooks Desktop and Procore is that the Web Connector must be left running to ensure that data is continuously transferred between the applications. If the Web Connector does not run if the computer on which it is installed and configured is shut down or restarted, or the Windows profile for which the Web Connector is logged off, the synchronization between the applications will stop. This could be a challenge when users have to update data from remote locations. Hosting QuickBooks on a dedicated virtual desktop can be useful for overcoming this drawback.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can provide dedicated virtual machines for hosted QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise to provide remote access to data. Call, chat or email our QuickBooks solutions experts, available 24/7 for assistance.