Plate IQ is an advanced accounts payable automation software for automating, approving, and paying invoices. The solution is popular among businesses in the hospitality, construction, accounting, and bookkeeping industries It empowers businesses to schedule and pay invoices online using ACH, checks, virtual cards, and other methods, using the Plate IQ platform. With Plate IQ, businesses can reduce time, increase the accuracy of data, and generate detailed insights into their spending using line-item data from invoices and automatically coding purchases to general ledger accounts.
Integrating Plate IQ with QuickBooks Desktop can help businesses automate their accounts payables process by capturing and digitizing invoices with details, including the line item, mapping them to GL codes, and managing approval workflows for invoice payments. In this article, we will examine how to use Plate IQ with QuickBooks Desktop.
Why Integrate Plate IQ with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating Plate IQ with QuickBooks Desktop automates the entire accounts payable process starting from the stage at which a business receives an invoice, to the stage at which it syncs with QuickBooks, after which bills can be paid. The synchronization eliminates the need for manual data entry. Here are some of the advantages of integrating Plate IQ with QuickBooks.
- Invoice data is synchronized in real-time and is mapped with the QuickBooks chart of accounts.
- Managers can stay close to their source of documentation. Each QuickBooks record is linked with Plate IQ, and PDFs of the invoice, ACH, and check scans can be included.
- In-depth invoice data, including the line item details, can be captured.
How to Integrate Plate IQ and QuickBooks Desktop?
Plate IQ can be integrated with QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Web Connector. With this integration, bills and bill payments can be uploaded from Plate IQ into QuickBooks Desktop with a single click. It eliminates the need to export and import IIF files between the two applications.
- Login to the Plate IQ dashboard and click on the arrow at the top right corner to access the settings.
- Select Companies on the left and click on Download QuickBooks Sync File for the location to which Plate IQ has to be linked.
- Download the .qwc file on the computer in which Plate IQ and QuickBooks Desktop have to be synchronized.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop with admin credentials and open the Company File that has to be synchronized with Plate IQ.
- Select the “Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running.” choice to allow Plate IQ to read and modify the QuickBooks company file.
- After verifying the selection, choose a user from the dropdown that follows, and click on Continue.
- On clicking on Done, the QuickBooks connector will open. Type in the Plate IQ credentials and finalize the sync.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Hosted QuickBooks Desktop Service
One of the drawbacks of using Plate IQ with QuickBooks Desktop is that the sync file is required for each user and computer that uses Plate IQ sync with QuickBooks Desktop. This restricts the use of the integration on Windows-only machines.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent offers virtual desktops for QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise in our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters in New York and New Jersey. Contact our QuickBooks specialists available round-the-clock through phone, chat, and email for help.