Manually tracking employee time and attendance is a tedious task and can lead to errors, such as incorrect data entry, miscalculations, and missed punches, which can affect business productivity. OnTheClock is a cloud-based employee time clock solution that helps businesses to schedule employee shifts, automatically calculate hours worked, and support multiple different clock-in options. It gives users the ability to monitor or control the GPS locations, and IP addresses, and allows employees to punch in and out using the mobile apps. Additionally, users can create clocking-in rules to prevent checking in before predetermined periods and establish whether employees can clock in from a specific location or from many locations. In this article, we will explain how to integrate OnTheClock with QuickBooks.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating OnTheClock with QuickBooks?
Here are the advantages of integrating OnTheClock with QuickBooks.
- Allows businesses to create employee schedules by dragging and dropping shifts into the schedule.
- Allows users to manage paid time off (PTO) accruals for personal, holiday, and sickness time off, and all other absences.
- Users can also choose for breaks to automatically be deducted from employees’ working hours.
- Enables users to use their fingerprints to clock in and out, preventing ‘buddy punching.’
- Users can edit punches and hours in timecards, with instant recalculations and updates of any changes made.
How to Integrate OnTheClock with QuickBooks?
These are the steps to integrate OnTheClock with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to the “Employee Center,” select an employee from the list, and go to “Payroll Info.”
- In “Earning Codes” enter the default payroll items and check the box “Use time data to create paychecks.”
- In your OnTheClock account, click on the import tool download link and install it on your computer as the administrator.
- Open “OnTheClock.com Importer.”
- Log into your OnTheClock account as an administrator.
- Go to “Timecards” and then click “CSV Export” for the pay period you want to import to QuickBooks.
- Save the downloaded timecards on your computer.
- In the OnTheClock.com Importer, select “Browse for file” and select the timecards you downloaded from OnTheClock.
- Finally, click “Send to QuickBooks” to finish the integration process.
Apps4Rent Can Help with OnTheClock and QuickBooks Integration
Integrating OnTheClock with QuickBooks provides better visibility into employee hours and payroll data. This can help businesses make informed decisions about staffing levels, overtime, and other related matters.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can provide cloud-based QuickBooks hosting services in top-tier SSAE-16 data centers and can also assist in integrating OnTheClock with QuickBooks hassle-free. Contact our QuickBooks specialists available 24/7/365 over the phone, chat, and email for support.