Neat is a leading provider of document and expense management software for small businesses, accountants, and bookkeepers.
It provides solutions for businesses to track, manage and centralize financial data and prepare for the tax time. Over 100,000 small businesses use Neat to simplify their accounting processes by automating their workflows and minimizing friction in the processes.
Many of the small and medium businesses that use Neat also use QuickBooks Desktop. By combining the two solutions, businesses can take advantage of the extensive financial document capabilities in Neat with the advanced features in QuickBooks to improve their accounting workflows. This results in a powerful solution that offers unparalleled flexibility to cater to the unique requirements of different industries. In this article, we will focus on using Neat with QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Neat with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating Neat with QuickBooks Desktop offers small businesses, accountants, and bookkeepers the following advantages.
- Expenses can be reimbursed faster with simplified processing.
- The time spent on managing invoices for accounts receivable can be reduced significantly.
- Businesses can keep accounts payable better managed and organized.
- Accountants can prepare for filing taxes and mount strong defenses in the event of an audit.
- Businesses can manage budgets and generate accurate spending reports for analysis.
- Most importantly, businesses can save time and money by simplifying business-critical workflows.
How to Connect Neat with QuickBooks Desktop?
Follow the steps below to connect Neat with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Log in to the Neat account, click on the user’s name on the top right corner, and select Integrations.
- It simplifies capturing, storing, filing, and sharing important documents.
- Switch to the QuickBooks Desktop application and click on Connect.
- Click on Continue on the Connection wizard that appears with information about the requirements.
- Download the Neat Sync Manager and install it. Copy the token code and paste it into the Neat Sync Manager window. Switch to the connection wizard and click on Continue.
- Log in to QuickBooks with admin access and open the company file that has to be used with Neat.
- Switch again to the connection wizard and click on Continue.
- Allow Neat to access QuickBooks even when it is not running to send data and map the data between Neat and QuickBooks to be able to export data to QuickBooks.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Hosted QuickBooks Desktop Services
Integrating Neat with QuickBooks Desktop helps businesses use the document and expense management capabilities of Neat to simplify operations and streamline accounting processes in QuickBooks. The advanced document storage and retention capabilities in the solution help in minimizing the need for manual data entry in financial documents, simplifying categorization, assigning, mapping, and syncing data with QuickBooks.
While Neat can be accessed using mobile devices, QuickBooks Desktop has to be installed on physical machines. Not all the data in QuickBooks Desktop can be synchronized with Neat and accessed using mobile devices. The most practical method to access QuickBooks Desktop remotely is using virtual hosting. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks along with other business-critical workloads in our highly secure SSAE 16 datacenters. Reach out to our QuickBooks virtualization specialists available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.