Microsoft announced Windows 11 on June 24, 2021. The refreshed operating system is specifically designed for hybrid work and learning. Windows 11 promises to deliver new experiences that redefine how we learn and work. It will not only increase user productivity, but also improve student engagement, employee satisfaction, retention, and help businesses attract new talent. It will deliver a more streamlined and personalized computing experience without compromising on performance, security, and manageability. In this article, we will explore the innovations in Windows 11, and how users can get access to it.
What Are the Some New Features in Microsoft Windows 11?
The biggest difference between the outgoing Windows 10 and the upcoming Windows 11 OS is the user interface. It has been modernized significantly while still maintaining its familiar feel to help users find their apps and documents easily. Here are some of the most important changes.
- Windows 11 improves the way documents, presentations, and spreadsheets are organized. It is now possible to group things, and the snap groups are retained in their original positions after undocking/ re-docking the machine.
- Microsoft has introduced several visual enhancements in Office that take advantage of the features of the Fluent design language and system in Windows 11. For instance, the theme in Microsoft Office will now match the Windows theme for a better visual experience.
- With Windows 11, it is possible to mute or unmute the mic or share the desktop or even a single application during a meeting directly from the desktop taskbar in a Microsoft Teams meeting.
- There is better support for gestures, voice, and pen interactivity in almost all apps, which can personalize learning for all students.
- There are new tools, such as smart cameras that blur background movement, settings for minimizing visual clutter, and more, that can help in reducing distractions while learning.
- Parents can block dangerous and inappropriate content for their children.
- The OS is Zero Trust ready with security features such as hardware-based isolation, encryption, and malware prevention that are turned on by default. It is also designed for passwordless authentication.
How to Facilitate Windows 11 Upgrade?
Although Windows 11 will be available in devices later this year, there are some ways of getting early access to the OS. There are stated below:
- Regular users can join the Windows Insiders Program to get the first look of Windows 11 in preview. However, Enterprise and Education customers can also use Azure Virtual Desktop to start to explore Windows 11.
- Users can opt for cloud management with Microsoft Endpoint Manager. With this, it would become easier to use cloud configuration to upgrade machines to Windows 11.
- Users with older PCs should consider upgrading to a secured-core PC. Microsoft has made it easier to go passwordless with Windows Hello for Business.
- Enterprises can kick off a pilot to see if Windows 11 works well in their environment. The App Assure service will troubleshoot application compatibility issues.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Windows 11 Adoption
While existing Windows 10 PCs running the most current version of Windows 10 and meet the minimum hardware specification will be able to upgrade to Windows 11, enterprises might need additional assistance before they upgrade their employee devices that have business-critical applications running on Windows 10.
Microsoft provides Test Base for Microsoft 365, a platform that allows software vendors to easily onboard their applications through the Azure portal. As a Microsoft Gold Partner in several competencies such as Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity, Apps4Rent helps businesses with appropriate licenses and managed Azure services to simplify their cloud transformation. Contact our Microsoft certified cloud advisors, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.