MarketSharp is a comprehensive business management application that is widely used by contractors, remodelers, and home improvement professionals to centralize their lead, customer, and job information with a turn-key industry-specific software solution. It can help businesses generate more qualified leads, track customer interactions, utilize sales opportunities, improve customer satisfaction, and gain actionable insights to improve business profitability.
MarketSharp integrates with a wide range of third-party applications. One of the most widely used applications with MarketSharp is QuickBooks Desktop. Integrating MarketSharp with QuickBooks helps businesses to automate accounting processes and generate detailed reports to improve profitability. In this article, we will explore how businesses can use MarketSharp with QuickBooks Desktop for improving productivity.
What Are the Advantages of Using MarketSharp with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating MarketSharp with QuickBooks helps businesses improve productivity. Here are some of the advantages of integrating MarketSharp with QuickBooks.
- It facilitates in creating invoices with service and product details available in QuickBooks.
- It helps in streamlining project management for small and medium businesses.
- Customer and job data can be automatically pushed into QuickBooks Desktop, and used for advanced reports.
- The QuickBooks Desktop Log Report can be used to view the list of transactions between the desktop version of QuickBooks and MarketSharp in a particular period.
How to Setup MarketSharp with QuickBooks Desktop?
- Go to the System Administration page in MarketSharp, and click on the QuickBooks Setup link in the QuickBooks Integration box.
- Select Desktop and ensure that the checkmark for Enable QuickBooks Desktop Integration is selected.
- Download and Install the Configuration File. Note that you might have to install the QuickBooks Web Connector for older versions.
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop application, and navigate to File>App Management>Update Web Services.
- When the QuickBooks Web Connector opens, select Add an Application to open the file explorer, and open the Configuration File.
- Grant access to the MarketSharp Web Service on the Authorize New Web Service window.
- Select the “Yes, whenever this QuickBooks Company File is open.” option when QuickBooks asks for MarketSharp permission to have access to the company file.
- Provide the MarketSharp credentials in the Web Connector, and select the Push to QuickBooks Desktop checkbox to push customers/jobs over to QuickBooks.
- Select the MarketSharp Web Service application in the QuickBooks Web Connector, and click on Update Selected to initiate the synchronization.
Apps4Rent Can Help with QuickBooks Desktop Hosting Services
One of the challenges with using MarketSharp with QuickBooks Desktop is that only admins can add applications and push data into QuickBooks Desktop from MarketSharp. This could become a challenge for remote teams if the system on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed cannot be accessed by the admin when they are not in the office.
Such problems can be overcome by switching to hosted QuickBooks Desktop. In this setup, the application is installed on a virtual desktop which can be accessed from anywhere, using any device with an internet connection. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent provides QuickBooks hosting service for QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise with other business-critical workloads in our highly secure SSAE 16 datacenters. Contact our QuickBooks virtualization technicians available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.