KickServ is an advanced field service software designed to simplify, organize, and run businesses efficiently. It is one of the first field service management platforms that offers bi-directional integration with QuickBooks. With KickServ’s unique accounting integration with QuickBooks Desktop, businesses can pay their employees on time, generate estimates and invoices quickly and accurately for their customers, and manage their back-office operations efficiently. With the two-way sync, users can track sales and invoices, process payrolls, analyze trends, and improve sales, using updated data on both platforms. In this article, we will focus on integrating KickServ with QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating KickServ with QuickBooks Desktop?
KickServ supports two-way integration with QuickBooks Desktop. Here are the advantages of integrating KickServ with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Invoices created in KickServ will get automatically synchronized with QuickBooks Desktop. Any changes made to the invoices in QuickBooks Desktop will overwrite KickServ data.
- Log payments can be viewed both in QuickBooks Desktop and KickServ.
- Item List in QuickBooks can be imported into KickServ. Item descriptions, amounts, quantity, and pricing can be tailored based on requirements.
- Customers in QuickBooks Desktop will be imported and saved as Contacts in KickServ. KickServ can be used as the primary customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
How to Integrate KickServ with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating KickServ with QuickBooks Desktop is a fast and straightforward process. The initial sync typically takes longer than usual because the existing QuickBooks items, customers, and invoices, must be brought over to the KickServ account. Follow the steps below to integrate QuickBooks Desktop with KickServ.
- Prepare QuickBooks by logging into the QuickBooks company file as the admin in the single-user mode. Ensure that the QuickBooks company name is the same as the KickServ company name.
- To prepare KickServ, click on QuickBooks in the sidebar under add-ons.
- Change the version of QuickBooks Desktop to change the environment and download the QWC file and open it.
- When the QuickBooks Web Connector opens, authorize KickServ. Allow it to read and modify the file whenever the QuickBooks company file is open.
- Provide the password from the KickServ integration page and confirm it before saving it.
- Check the box near the KickServ application and click on Update Selected to initiate the synchronization process. Wait for the progress bar to reach the completed status.
- Once the QuickBooks KickServ synchronization is complete, click QuickBooks in the sidebar, and view the sync history to verify that the sync is complete.
- The subsequent syncs can be run from the QuickBooks web connector at any time.
Apps4Rent Can Help with QuickBooks Desktop Remote Access
One of the most important advantages of using KickServ with QuickBooks Desktop is that the integration allows users to schedule the times to synchronize automatically. However, the applications have to be running along with the web connector for the synchronization to happen. This requires users to have access to the machine on which the applications are installed.
The best alternative for remote access is to install the applications on virtual machines. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent offers hosted QuickBooks services from our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters in New York and New Jersey. Contact our QuickBooks experts available round-the-clock via phone, chat, and email for support.