QuickBooks is a reliable application for businesses to manage their finances and stay tax compliant. It is versatile and caters to the needs of businesses and individuals with unique requirements. Today, the accounting application has a large user base all over the world. Because of versatility, user-friendly nature, and robustness, it is easy to forget that at the end of the day, QuickBooks is also another application with idiosyncrasies that are designed by mortal humans.
It is also prone to errors and threats in exceptional circumstances. One such oddity is the QuickBooks unrecoverable error that crashes the application and leaves users perplexed. Let us understand what this QuickBooks error is and run through the options available to users who encounter this QuickBooks error.
What Is QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Just like any other application, QuickBooks Desktop versions use executable files to run on PCs. Users get errors when there are network issues, or these QuickBooks company files are corrupted. This typically happens when there are power outages, issues with the network or these files are not closed properly due to some other reason.
What Happens When You Get the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Code?
Several things could go wrong when there is a QuickBooks error:
- The application crashes as soon as you open a sample file or while performing a task
- The company’s open files don’t get updates
- You are unable to open or close tabs and the PC hangs
- You cannot save or find transaction details
How to Fix QuickBooks Errors?
There are many ways in which you can fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable errors. We shall take a look at the most common solutions for resolving the QuickBooks unrecoverable error:
- Opening in Safe Mode
- Press the alt key, press the ctrl key and the Delete key together to open the task manager
- Navigate to the Processes Tab and end all QuickBooks processes
- Keep the control key pressed down and double click the QuickBooks icon to open the application in safe mode
- Attempt to open the QuickBooks files normally a couple of times to ensure that the application is working as expected
- If it does, hold down and release the alt key until you can confirm that the issue is resolved
2. Opening a Sample File
- Open QuickBooks in the safe mode
- Try opening some of the sample files to confirm that the application is not corrupted
- To do this, keep the Ctrl key pressed down while double-clicking the QuickBooks logo until you see ‘No Company Open’ on the open screen
- Click on Open a Sample File and choose one of the files available by default
This method is useful in confirming if it is a particular company file that is damaged.
3. Manually Troubleshoot QuickBooks by Rebooting
Manually troubleshooting QuickBooks involves rebooting the application.
- Locate the reboot file for QuickBooks in the program files
- Run the file as an administrator. (You might need the user password for this). This involves resetting the Microsoft.NET file framework
- Ensure that you have the latest service pack for the current QuickBooks installation on your computer
- Restart the computer to confirm if the changes have reflected.
- Re-register QuickBooks if needed
4. Move QuickBooks Files to Another Location
QuickBooks files occupy physical storage space on the computer. Users might encounter the unrecoverable error code if there is not sufficient storage space on the drive in which they are located. Try changing the drive on which the company files are stored.
- Use the Locate option to find where the company QBW files are saved
- Copy and move them to another drive
- Open QuickBooks in the safe mode
- Select the file that has been relocated and try opening it again
If this approach also doesn’t work, the QuickBooks file is likely damaged.
5. Using Recovery Tools
If you are troubleshooting the QuickBooks unrecoverable error yourself, the last resort is to use tools to identify and resolve issues in components or perform a clean reinstall for the software.
The first option could be to use the Auto Data Recovery option to see if the company files can be restored to their original state. Some tools target specific components of the software to identify and repair associated files. So, information about Customers, Company, Vendors, and Employees and other aspects can be recovered without hampering other files.
The last option would be to perform a clean install. With your QuickBooks License Number and Product Code Information, you can re-install the application and retain the company data to restart operations where you left.
What’s The Alternative?
You can access QuickBooks support free of cost 24/7 via phone, chat, and email from Apps4Rent. We are a premium QuickBooks hosting partner that will host your favorite QuickBooks version on our servers. With Apps4Rent, chances of QuickBooks unrecoverable errors are very less. We host the application for you.