FieldEdge Integration with QuickBooks
FieldEdge is a cloud-based field service management solution used by HVAC, plumbing, and electrical contractors to manage and complete work orders. It includes features such as call booking, quote management, invoicing, a dispatch board, and electronic payments. Additionally, it is integrated with a database that stores pre-determined, set rates for all services and product repairs which are regularly updated to reflect the latest prices of different product parts. It also enables technicians to add customer details anytime and from anywhere. In this article, we will explain how to integrate FieldEdge with QuickBooks.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating FieldEdge with QuickBooks?
The following are the advantages of integrating FieldEdge with QuickBooks:
- Enables the submission of invoices as well as the calculation of total expenditure and revenue directly to the company’s accounting team.
- Allows technicians to quickly review all the work that has been done and quote each time a customer calls.
- Automatically notifies when service agreements are due for renewal, billing, and scheduling.
- Automatically sends scheduled service reminders to customers via phone, text, or email.
How to Integrate FieldEdge with QuickBooks?
Follow the given steps to integrate FieldEdge with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Log into your FieldEdge account.
- In the left navigation pane, select the “Add-ons link” and select “QuickBooks.”
- Click on the “Download Sync Tool” button.
- A pop-up error message will appear, select “Run.”
- A QuickBooks certificate page will pop up, select the “Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running” option. Now, the sync tool will download.
- Next, run the downloaded sync tool and start the initial sync.
- Once the initial synchronization is completed, you can start synchronizing invoices.
- Now, you will see a red circle with a number inside indicating that you have the decision to make.
- Click on the tab and you will see the “Customer, Invoice, or both” option, select “Yes” to start synchronizing invoices with QuickBooks.
Apps4Rent Can Help with FieldEdge and QuickBooks Integration
One of the challenges of integrating FieldEdge with QuickBooks is that the sync tool must be left running to ensure that data is continuously transferred between the applications. If the desktop on which it is installed and configured is shut down or restarted, the synchronization process between the applications will stop and can lead to data loss.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can provide QuickBooks cloud hosting from our secure top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters in New York and New Jersey and can help businesses to integrate QuickBooks with third-party applications like FieldEdge hassle-free. Call, chat, or email our experienced cloud consultants available 24/7 for inquiries.