ComputerEase is a specialized contractor accounting solution designed for construction-specific uses. It is used by contractors for construction accounting, job costing, managing projects, inventories, and customer relationships, among others. As a part of Deltek, ComputerEase is used by over 6000 contractors for streamlining operations.
On the other hand, QuickBooks is a general-purpose accounting solution offered by Intuit. It is widely used by several small and medium businesses regardless of the sector in which they operate. The top-line QuickBooks Enterprise solution is also available as an industry solution for the construction business and contractors. Let us understand why businesses stick with the general-purpose accounting software after comparing ComputerEase vs QuickBooks Enterprise.
What Are the Important Features of QuickBooks Enterprise Contractors?
Although QuickBooks Enterprise offers several features and tools that can simplify operations for all businesses off-the-shelf, the QuickBooks Enterprise version for construction and contractors have additional features that are similar to those available in ComputerEase.
- Contractors have access to advanced reporting features and tools for managing job costs, cash flow, and payment optimization.
- Businesses can integrate advanced payroll features, including the full-service QuickBooks Assisted Payroll that guarantees accurate and on-time tax payments and filings.
- Keep accurate track of inventories.
- Empower remote workers with Field Service Management and mobile time tracking.
What Are the Advantages of QuickBooks Enterprise vs ComputerEase?
Here are some of the advantages of choosing QuickBooks Enterprise for Contractors vs ComputerEase.
- You can seamlessly switch to other versions of QuickBooks Enterprise for accessing features and tools not available in QuickBooks Enterprise for Contractors.
- The user-interface is more refined than ComputerEase.
- QuickBooks Enterprise supports several integrations that can help you customize the solution to access features that are not available out-of-the-box.
- With QuickBooks Assisted Payroll, businesses can fully-outsource tax-filing.
- Users can work on multiple company files simultaneously with QuickBooks Enterprise.
What Are the Added Advantages of Hosted QuickBooks Enterprise?
Although QuickBooks Enterprise is primarily used as an on-premises solution, it is also available as a hosted solution that is particularly useful for remote teams. Here are some added advantages of hosted QuickBooks Enterprise for contractors.
- Field workers, warehouse managers, contractors, accountants, and other stakeholders can have different access levels and work with the same information simultaneously.
- All the features will be available on any platform you choose for working with QuickBooks Enterprise.
- The solution is a lot more scalable and secure than an on-premises deployment.
- Backups are automated, and users will not have to worry about maintenance and updates.
Apps4Rent Can Host Accounting Solutions for Construction Businesses
While ComputerEase is tailored to cater to accounting and project management requirements that are exclusive to the construction industry, QuickBooks Enterprise is a more well-rounded solution. Hosting QuickBooks Enterprise on the cloud adds even more flexibility to the solution. While ComputerEase Cloud can be used for remote access, Deltek uses an SAS70 Type II-certified datacenter for providing hosting services. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent hosts QuickBooks Enterprise in superior SSAE16 compliant datacenters. We can host ComputerEase and other solutions on our secure data centers as well. Contact our consultants available 24/7/365 via phone, chat, and email for hosting plans.