Efficient scheduling is one of the chief concerns of field service businesses. Often, service technicians have to travel to client locations that are far away from their company offices, and proper scheduling is critical for tracking billable hours and fuel spends. For businesses that use accounting software for maintaining these financial records, there is a two-fold problem of double entry and lack of remote access. Fortunately, there are workarounds to solve this problem by integrating scheduling software with accounting solutions. In this article, let us see how integrating Smart Service with QuickBooks Desktop and hosting the software on a virtual desktop can simplify operations.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Smart Service with QuickBooks?
Smart Service QuickBooks integration helps in streamlining business processes by working as a unified software system. Here are some of the advantages of using Smart Service with QuickBooks.
- The drag-and-drop Smart Service scheduler can be used to create tasks for QuickBooks customers. This is useful in all scenarios, including one-off jobs, recurring work, and multi-day projects.
- Technicians can create work orders in the field using an internet-enabled handheld device, such as a smartphone or a tablet, and convert the work orders into invoices in QuickBooks at the end of each job. The bill can be sent to customers at the tap of a button.
- There is no need to carry paper and notepads as the integration of Smart Service with QuickBooks creates a paperless, mobile system. There is no need to deal with illegible handwriting or worry about lost invoices.
- The single, simplified software system consolidates scheduling, billing, and payment data and saves costs.
- It simplifies archiving as every job completed is available in Smart Service and QuickBooks forever. This ensures that customer’s records are always available without relying on cabinets and spreadsheets.
Why Host Smart Service with QuickBooks Desktop?
While Smart Service has a mobile component, many businesses need to use certain advanced features, such as inventory management, that are available only in QuickBooks Enterprise and other desktop versions. Here are some of the benefits of hosting Smart Service and QuickBooks Desktop in the cloud.
- The complete software solution is available on a virtual desktop that can be accessed using any device with an internet connection.
- The billing cycle is accelerated, as managers do not have to rely on their workstations on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed, making it an ideal solution to support remote operations.
- Smart Service requires at least 15 GB of hard disk space and 2 GB RAM. While this is not a challenge for most modern machines, performance is compromised when multiple applications are running on the same computer. Cloud hosting ensures that users have sufficient power for operating seamlessly at all times.
Apps4Rent Can Support Cloud Hosted Applications
Integrating plug-and-play solutions such as Smart Service bolsters QuickBooks functionality with additional, specific, specialized features. However, using these applications with QuickBooks can impact performance if there is not sufficient processing power.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent hosts QuickBooks in our top-tier SSAE 16-level datacenters in New York and New Jersey. Our virtual machines are pre-tested, configured, and packaged to cater to the unique requirements of accounting and related business applications. Contact our QuickBooks hosting consultants, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.