QuickBooks is a legitimate business accounting solution developed by Intuit. Needless to say, the similar-sounding QuickBooks Email Virus is not a legitimate product. It is malware used by cybercriminals to attack your system and access confidential information. If you have accidentally or unintentionally opened the malware, there is an immediate need to find it and remove it before it causes any damage to your system or applications. This article will talk more about this malicious program and guide you on how to get rid of it.
What Is QuickBooks Email Virus?
QuickBooks Email Virus is malware that is sent to your system through an email campaign. Scammers disguise their email as a message from Intuit using the name of their product QuickBooks. Cybercriminals running this campaign send suspicious emails to trick recipients into opening the attachment. Upon opening, it installs a malicious program into your system. Systems infected with this malware can become subject to financial loss, compromised privacy, identity theft, insecure browsing, and so on.
Best Practices to Protect Your System from QuickBooks Email Virus
- Never open files that are sent as an attachment through irrelevant emails, especially if you have received them from unfamiliar, suspicious email IDs.
- Take the same precaution in case of website links.
- Download and install software from trusted sources only.
- Update QuickBooks and operating systems through tools provided by official developers and publishers only.
- The operating system should be scanned frequently for threats using a reliable antivirus or anti-spyware program.
However, if you have already opened and installed QuickBooks Email Virus, there are two major ways to get rid of it before it creates damaging effects.
Automatic Malware Removal
There are several professional tools available on the internet that help you get your system clean. These tools scan your system to detect and uninstall threats such as QuickBooks Email Virus without human intervention. They also stop suspicious processes and programs that may require action from you to get them running again.
Manual Malware Removal
You can remove QuickBooks Email Virus manually. The first step to removing the malware manually requires you to identify the name of the malicious programs.
For Windows systems, the steps are as follows.
- Open your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Access the list of startup programs. You can use third applications to access this list.
- Identify the program installed by QuickBooks Email Virus.
- Locate the name of the malware you want to remove and note it down.
- Right-click on the name, a submenu will open.
- Click on Delete from the menu.
- QuickBooks Email Virus will be removed from the startup.
The next steps are for removing the setup file.
- Search your computer for the name you have noted down at step 4.
- If you find the filename of the malware, delete the file.
- Reboot your computer in normal mode.
For Mac systems, the steps are as follows.
- Click on the Finder option.
- Select Application on the newly opened screen.
- In the Application folder, drag the app to Trash.
- Right-click on the Trash icon, and then click on the Empty Trash option.
The next steps are for removing Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUAs).
- Open uninstall programs window and search for the PUAs.
- Select all the suspicious and unwanted entries and click on Uninstall or Remove.
After you have uninstalled all the potentially unwanted programs that were causing the QuickBooks Email Virus issue, scan your system with an antivirus or anti-malware program to detect and delete any remaining possible malware infections.
How Apps4rent Helps You Ensure Security Against Viruses and Malware?
Most of the malicious programs that can corrupt your files and applications can be prevented from reaching your system by following the best practices. Among these, hosting QuickBooks with an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider such as Apps4Rent is of utmost importance. Hosting protects your applications against threats while making them accessible from anywhere. We host QuickBooks in our highly secure data centers. Contact our hosting experts available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for hosting plans inquiries.