QuickBooks Enterprise Edition vs Infor SyteLine – Which ERP to Use?
Manufacturers are increasingly relying on software solutions for performing tasks ranging from warehouse management to inventory control. While there are several standalone software solutions for specific tasks, such as managing and organizing product sales, tracking material purchases, and controlling production processes, organizations have started leveraging Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software as single-point solutions for consolidating and channeling various processes. By helping organizations streamline their processes, EPR systems help in making better business decisions and improving productivity and efficiency. In this article, let us compare QuickBooks Enterprise vs Infor SyteLine, two widely used software applications in the manufacturing sector.
What Are the Key Features of Infor SyteLine?
Infor SyteLine is an ERP system used by discrete and process manufacturers for simplifying and automating complex manufacturing processes. Here are some of the key features of Infor CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) ERP for manufacturing.
- Tools for making data-backed decisions in planning and scheduling.
- Quality control capabilities for ensuring that products adhere to set standards and customer requirements.
- Simplifies communication and improves visibility across supply chains.
- Facilitates financial and project management with a unified interface for managing resources and transactions.
- Promotes better collaboration with customers, vendors, resellers, and other stakeholders.
How Can QuickBooks Enterprise Be Used as ERP Solution?
Many small and medium businesses in the manufacturing sector find traditional ERP systems to be overwhelming. The cost of licensing systems, implementing, and customizing them, and retaining staff to manage such solutions, can be unviable for smaller businesses. For such businesses, QuickBooks Enterprise for Manufacturing could be a better option.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise for Manufacturing is designed to help complex businesses manage their inventory, and simplify sales order fulfillment, manufacturing, and accounting. Its modular design allows third-party applications to integrate with the accounting solution to add ERP functionality without adding to the complexity. This capability not only allows manufacturing businesses with lean budgets to take advantage of the capabilities of full-features ERP systems but does so at a fraction of the cost.
What Are the Advantages of QuickBooks Enterprise Vs SyteLine?
While full-featured ERP solutions such as SyteLine are designed to support the operations of large enterprises, typically with thousands of employees, QuickBooks Enterprise for Manufacturing offers a more affordable and less taxing approach to solve similar problems. Here are the advantages of QuickBooks Enterprise over Infor SyteLine.
- It is much more affordable, and the implementation cost is negligible.
- The ability to integrate third-party applications minimizes software bloat.
- Implementing, maintaining, and customizing QuickBooks Enterprise does not require technical expertise, and the learning curve for adopting it shallower than SyteLine’s.
- Navigation in QuickBooks Enterprise is simpler, as there are fewer forms compared to SyteLine.
Apps4Rent Can Host QuickBooks Enterprise in Cloud
One of the advantages of Infor CloudSuite Industrial that is powered by SyteLine is that it is available as a cloud service out-of-the-box. This advantage can be offset with QuickBooks Enterprise cloud hosting that allows users to access the solution over the internet from anywhere.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks Enterprise for Manufacturing in the cloud with virtual desktops based in top tier SSAE 16 certified data centers in New York and New Jersey. Contact our QuickBooks virtualization consultants available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email.