QuickBooks Desktop is one of the most versatile accounting software available in the market. Of the few downsides of using the software are the occasional errors that users are likely to encounter while using the application due to its implicit nature. Applications installed on PCs run into errors that in most cases, users have to resolve themselves. Intuit has recognized this imminent requirement and has developed the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to help users resolve the most common errors themselves without seeking external technical support. Apart from the most frequently seen QuickBooks errors, the tool can also fix issues related to the .NET Framework, C++ and MSXML that could potentially hamper QuickBooks operations.
What Does the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Fix?
The QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool can fix a majority of the errors encountered during the QuickBooks Desktop installation process. It automatically repairs any issue that can be caught without users having to interfere in the diagnosis process. Some of the most common errors that are caught and fixed with the tool are stated below.
- Error 1402: ‘Couldn’t Open Key’ installation error.
- Error 1603: Typically happens because of .Net Framework, C++ & MSXML components issues.
- Error 1722: Caused due to incomplete installation, or removal of files.
- Error 1903: This occurs due to .NET Framework issues and blocking issues.
- Error 1935: This happens during the installation of the assembly and due to issues with the .NET Framework.
- Other .NET Framework errors, damaged MSXML, and C++ components errors and “QuickBooks has stopped working” errors.
How Can the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool be Used?
The QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool is available on the QuickBooks Tool Hub that can be downloaded from the Intuit website.
Follow the below steps after installation if you face the issues stated above.
- Close all other programs before running the tool.
- Select Installation Issues on the hub.
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the menu.
- Run the tool scan for issues.
- Restart the computer when the process is complete.
What Scans Can Be Performed Using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
Below are some of the activities that can be performed using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
The tool can automatically diagnose issues with QuickBooks files needed to be installed on the system to launch QuickBooks. The tool tries to fix these files automatically so that the application can be launched.
Resetting Firewall Settings
QuickBooks Desktop needs appropriate ports to be open for sending and responding to requests. In rare cases, these ports are either not configured properly during the installation process or are blocked by the anti-virus software settings. The tool opens these ports to restore normal operations.
Diagnosing Network Connectivity
In many cases, the system storing QuickBooks files is networked with other computers that need to access the data on company files. This multi-user mode can be hampered if there are network connectivity issues, an issue that is often observed immediately after installation. The diagnostic tool can automatically resolve some of the non-hardware related issues.
What Happens After the Scan is Complete?
Once the scan is complete, users will be prompted to log in again and check if the issues have been resolved. In many cases, there could be changes made on the Windows operating system. Follow the steps below to make appropriate changes.
- Manually update Windows to the latest version for running QuickBooks smoothly.
- Restart the PC.
- Try opening QuickBooks Desktop and the company files again.
- If the installation wasn’t successful, there are two options to proceed.
- First, try re-installing QuickBooks Desktop in the Selective Startup or safe mode.
- If that still doesn’t work, you might have to repair specific Microsoft components like the .NET Framework or MSXML manually.
Conclusion – Is The Tool Worth It?
The QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool is, without a doubt, a handy tool for resolving the most common issues. But, as the saying goes, a tool is only as good as the workman who handles it. If you continue to face issues after running the diagnostic tool, it is best to contact technical support for resolving the issue. Intuit partners like Apps4Rent provide hosted QuickBooks services for businesses to use QuickBooks Desktop on a ready-to-use basis so that they don’t have to face these nagging installation issues, to begin with. On top of that, subscribers can avail of free 24/7 support via phone, email, and chat. Contact our sales team to know more.