4K technology has enabled users to view applications effectively and efficiently with adequate screen real estate. Despite their humongous size, these screens support ultra-high resolutions and provide a clear, flicker-free viewing experience. However, the size of the screen and the resolution solely cannot deliver an optimal user experience. Applications also have to be compatible with such displays. Many users have complained of issues with viewing applications on 4k monitors, especially on Windows operating systems. Let us understand how to fix QuickBooks Desktop screen issues for 4K Monitors.
What Are the Symptoms of Monitor Scaling Issues with QuickBooks Desktop?
Some users running QuickBooks Desktop on the Windows system have complained of DPI scaling issues. The application typically works well with the regular screen resolution of 96 DPI that is lower than that on 4K monitors that work with 1080p. This could result in unexpected results, such as the ones stated below.
- The application window becomes small, or the contents become blurry.
- Some components, such as bank feed, transactions, columns, and buttons, might be missing.
- The entire page goes blank, and QuickBooks Desktop freezes.
- The application automatically resizes itself and has to be restarted repeatedly.
- Icons, text, and other elements start looking fuzzy.
- Display settings get automatically changed when users login to the virtual desktop from another device without logging off from their existing session.
What Can Be Done Resolve the High DPI Scaling Issue In QuickBooks?
Here are some of the measures you can try to resolve the issue to fix scaling problems on 4k monitors while using QuickBooks Desktop.
Modify Display Settings for QuickBooks Desktop
- Search for the QuickBooks.exe file, right-click on it to open its Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and enable the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings check box. Alternatively, select the Change high DPI settings and then choose the Override high DPI scaling behavior option.
Change QuickBooks View Preferences
- Navigate to the Edit menu in QuickBooks and click on Preferences.
- Click on Desktop View and select My Preferences.
- Select One Window in the View section.
Restart QuickBooks Desktop to confirm if the issue is solved.
If the issue persists, reset the display configuration in Windows to at least 1024 x 768 (1920 x 1080 recommended). Restart the system and launch QuickBooks Desktop.
What If Screen Issues for 4K Monitors Persist with QuickBooks Desktop?
If simple solutions such as trying to log out and log in, adjusting display settings and properties do not work, it is time to look for long term workarounds. Here are some of the other alternatives.
- Use virtual desktops operating on Windows 10. As different Windows systems and application development models have distinct capabilities and limitations in terms of display scaling, there is no standard solution for the problem. However, as one of the most popular operating system, Windows 10 is constantly upgraded, and most applications, including QuickBooks Desktop, are optimized regularly to run smoothly on it.
- Subscribe for Office 365 E3 plan for fully-compatible Microsoft products to ensure maximum support for 4K monitors.
- Upgrade to Azure Windows Virtual Desktop that is optimized for Windows 10.
- Use Citrix for virtualizing desktops and applications that can be configured for a wide range of endpoint devices including machines with 4k display.
Apps4Rent Can Help You Fix Virtual Desktop Issues for 4K Monitors
Users experience virtual desktop issues with 4K monitors because of display scaling problems. This is a deceptively complicated issue with no direct solution. As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP and a Citrix Partner, Apps4Rent will work with you to identify and implement the best virtualization solution for your requirements. Our virtualization experts available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email will assist you with standard or customized plans based on your needs at the best prices.