Mavenlink is a powerful project management tool designed for businesses in the service sector. It is used by businesses to host their projects, manage finances and resources, facilitate collaboration, and generate business intelligence in a single environment. The software platform offers powerful capabilities to automate workflows, optimize resources, and improve operational performance. Many of these capabilities are available by integrating with third-party business systems such as Customer relationship management (CRM) and accounting solutions.
One of the most widely used accounting solutions that integrate with Mavenlink is QuickBooks. In this article, we will focus on integrating Mavenlink with QuickBooks.
What Are the Advantages Of Integrating Mavenlink and QuickBooks?
Integrating Mavenlink with QuickBooks helps in seamlessly synchronizing projects with the accounting software. With this, users have access to accurate financials and can manage project tasks, budgets, expenses, and invoices using the same tool. Here are some of the advantages of integrating Mavenlink with QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks estimates can be used to create Mavenlink projects.
- The tracked time and project expenses in Mavenlink can be sent to QuickBooks.
- Project tasks, deliverables, or roles can be linked to billable QuickBooks items.
- Time and expenses entered in Mavenlink can be used to invoice customers in QuickBooks using the expense categories from the ledger.
- Account members can be managed and designated as QuickBooks resources such as employees or vendors.
- Employee and vendor time tracked from Mavenlink projects can be saved in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks-related prompts, such as the ones for Account and Project Administrators can be accessed on Mavenlink.
How to Integrate QuickBooks Desktop with Mavenlink?
Mavenlink integrates with QuickBooks Desktop using the Web Connector. Follow the steps below to integrate Mavenlink with QuickBooks.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Web Connector on the Windows machine on which QuickBooks is installed.
- To configure the web connector, go to QuickBooks Settings>Enable QuickBooks Desktop Integration in Mavenlink, and download the Mavenlink configuration file from the link provided on the Settings page.
- Use the Mavenlink admin account credentials in the Web Connector. On clicking the Update Selected button in the Web Connector, the QuickBooks database will be mapped with Mavenlink.
- To send time and expense data from Mavenlink to QuickBooks, click on Ready to Sync in Mavenlink and then click the Update Selected in the Web Connector.
Apps4Rent Can Help with QuickBooks Solutions
QuickBooks is a versatile application in itself. However, integrating QuickBooks with third-party applications, such as Mavenlink enhances the capabilities of the software significantly. However, one of the drawbacks of the desktop-based application is that it has to be installed on a computer, which restricts its mobility. This disadvantage can be overcome with QuickBooks cloud hosting.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider and a QuickBooks Solution Provider, Apps4Rent can help with QuickBooks licensing and hosting. We can provide all QuickBooks licenses, including QuickBooks Pro Plus and QuickBooks Premier Plus, and host the accounting application in our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters. Contact our QuickBooks cloud specialists, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for any assistance related to hosting and licensing.